Thread: 2019 RT198p

2019 RT198p

On Rangers facebook I saw where they say the redesigned console provides better knee room. This is something I noticed by sitting in the 2018 RT198p that my knees were in the console. Has anyone had the chance to sit in a 2019 and see the difference? Is the legroom about the same? Also the 2019 seats look nicer.

2. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterj View Post
    On Rangers facebook I saw where they say the redesigned console provides better knee room. This is something I noticed by sitting in the 2018 RT198p that my knees were in the console. Has anyone had the chance to sit in a 2019 and see the difference? Is the legroom about the same? Also the 2019 seats look nicer.
    I'm 6'1'', 225# (all muscle (in my mind)) and have no problem w/ my 2018 style console / seat configuration. Granted I've a tilt wheel, which I believe is standard, that is set for me getting in and out from behind the console. When my buddy and i fish Tournies (every weekend) we are also packed to the hilt, w/ stuff everywhere to step over and around.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    I'm 6'1'', 225# (all muscle (in my mind)) and have no problem w/ my 2018 style console / seat configuration. Granted I've a tilt wheel, which I believe is standard, that is set for me getting in and out from behind the console. When my buddy and i fish Tournies (every weekend) we are also packed to the hilt, w/ stuff everywhere to step over and around.
    My boat doesn't have tilt steering so i don't thinks it's standard.

I have a 18 model, with tilt steering & no it is not standard equipment. I'm 6ft 230lbs, no problems getting out or in of the driver's console.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    The 2019 models do have a redesigned console. It does have more leg room and also allows to flush mount larger head units. Ranger has also redesigned the seats and they have more of a wrap around design. They also made the back compartments larger. The tilt steering wheel is a very nice option to add. Also, the 2019 RT 198P in the new Fusion Lime color looks very sharp!!!

6. Member
    I'm a big boy....290 and 6'1. All muscle and 6 pack of course (beer). Have no issue with my 2018 console style.