Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Anyone fish Lake Hamilton?

Hey guys, I’m trying to expand from my local waters and spread out to lakes I haven’t fished in the last 10-15 years when I was fishing tournaments.

I was talking to a friend Sunday, complaining about having a 7 pounder spit a bait at my face as I went to lip her when he told me that Lake Hamilton is “on fire” right now...I’m skeptical.

I know we all tell the truth here and freely give away our hot spots so....anyone fish Hamilton lately?? Thanks for any input you can give me, Chris.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    I literally drive right past it every day on the way to work but I've only ever fished at one time. That being said we did pretty good that day went over into little Lake Hamilton and flipped the pads over by the mobile home park we caught probably 25 fish but none over about 3 lb. if I remember right I used a black blue or Junebug senko with like a 3/16 ounce weight

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Thanks for your input. I have to ask, if you see it so much why aren’t you attracted to the lake? I know if I drive past a lake every day I either want to find a way to get into it or I think it looks like it doesn’t hold any fish. Just curious...
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I literally drive right past it every day on the way to work but I've only ever fished at one time. That being said we did pretty good that day went over into little Lake Hamilton and flipped the pads over by the mobile home park we caught probably 25 fish but none over about 3 lb. if I remember right I used a black blue or Junebug senko with like a 3/16 ounce weight

Damn, We go to Disney/LEGOLAND every year. I literally drive right by there with no boat wishing I was fishing it 4 days ago.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Thanks for your input. I have to ask, if you see it so much why aren’t you attracted to the lake? I know if I drive past a lake every day I either want to find a way to get into it or I think it looks like it doesn’t hold any fish. Just curious...
    Well, I live on a canal to Kissimmee Chain, so I tend to stay there. Other than that no real reason

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That makes sense then, thanks....I’m jealous! The Kissimmee chain is what I grew up fishing (from Cypress to Kissimmee) and it’s some of the best fishing Florida has to offer.

8. Member
    Fished it for two hours a couple evenings ago. Water is very high, plenty of water on the whips. Dirty, like normal. Canals had no or minimal flow. Caught four between 1.5-2.5 pounds flipping. Nothing to brag about.
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

9. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What I’ve been told is to fish the canal to middle Lake Hamilton with a pegged senko(I don’t use them) then head to the mobile home park.

Looking at the the google maps...those were 2 spots I would’ve concentrated on, just need to get there.

10. Member
    Did you try it, any luck? I've only tried once and no luck really, and then got stuck trying to load the boat at that ramp with a hole in lol

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    No I haven’t tried it yet...I’m waiting for Hez to get there and catch some fish so I can steal his spots!

The next 2 weeks I have weddings to be at...unfortunately. But that area will be my next spot, stuck fishing my local small lake the last few weeks.

I can’t complain, I’m getting to fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    No I haven’t tried it yet...I’m waiting for Hez to get there and catch some fish so I can steal his spots!

The next 2 weeks I have weddings to be at...unfortunately. But that area will be my next spot, stuck fishing my local small lake the last few weeks.

I can’t complain, I’m getting to fish!
    Oh man, I didn't get the memo. What am I supposed to be scouting for you?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles