Back from Vacation/Honeymoon at Tablerock

we took our Honeymoon/vacation to Branson and stayed at a nice resort on the Indian point area of Tablerock this past week. think we were there for 10 days.
    the holiday weekend we didn't get much fishing done because of the play boaters but were on the water from Tues till this past Sat. caught a ton of fish down there this time around. mostly all smallies with a couple of them over 3lbs.
    we mainly fished the Indian point area and most all of the good fish were caught on big jigs or soft plastics. the best pattern we could find was on secondary points with bigger chunk rock banks. depth varied a little, one day we were catching them in 25' and the next we were catching them in 5' but bait pattern was almost always the same. had the best luck on a Watermelon candy 5/8 Jewel football jig with a wat/red beaver trailer, as well as a 3/4 oz wobble head with a big beaver in wat/ red. we did manage a few on shakey heads but nothing with any size to it.
    the spotted bass we found once we found them were really aggressive. you would be reeling in back to the boat after working it along a long point and on the way up the spots were coming by and slamming the bait. we caught quite a few nice spots like that
    Water temps ranged right around 81-82 and water was pretty clear in the Indian point area that we were in, not super clear but visibility was decent down about 5' or so
    we had a great time and I would highly suggest anyone wanting to stay for any length of time contact White Wing resort. they were really great people. the Owner Jim even gave me a hand when I had a small issue on my boat. so I was really impressed with them

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    we took our Honeymoon/vacation to Branson and stayed at a nice resort on the Indian point area of Tablerock this past week. think we were there for 10 days.
    the holiday weekend we didn't get much fishing done because of the play boaters but were on the water from Tues till this past Sat. caught a ton of fish down there this time around. mostly all smallies with a couple of them over 3lbs.
    we mainly fished the Indian point area and most all of the good fish were caught on big jigs or soft plastics. the best pattern we could find was on secondary points with bigger chunk rock banks. depth varied a little, one day we were catching them in 25' and the next we were catching them in 5' but bait pattern was almost always the same. had the best luck on a Watermelon candy 5/8 Jewel football jig with a wat/red beaver trailer, as well as a 3/4 oz wobble head with a big beaver in wat/ red. we did manage a few on shakey heads but nothing with any size to it.
    the spotted bass we found once we found them were really aggressive. you would be reeling in back to the boat after working it along a long point and on the way up the spots were coming by and slamming the bait. we caught quite a few nice spots like that
    Water temps ranged right around 81-82 and water was pretty clear in the Indian point area that we were in, not super clear but visibility was decent down about 5' or so
    we had a great time and I would highly suggest anyone wanting to stay for any length of time contact White Wing resort. they were really great people. the Owner Jim even gave me a hand when I had a small issue on my boat. so I was really impressed with them
    Good report Luke-appreciate it

We had a good time there but was ready to come home.
    now I got to get the boat cleaned back up and a few small things fixed for our next time out which will probably be the Fishing for Freedom event on Truman.
    we are really excited about doing that one also.

4. Member
    Me too. Never done it before. Heard a lot of good things about it though.

5. Member
    Thanks for the report. Heading down to Indian Point on the 23rd for a week. Staying at Rock Lane resort this time. Last couple of years we stayed at Big Cedar so not very familiar with this part of the lake. Being around the Silver Dollar City area, hoping the traffic won't be too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 188 Elite View Post
    Thanks for the report. Heading down to Indian Point on the 23rd for a week. Staying at Rock Lane resort this time. Last couple of years we stayed at Big Cedar so not very familiar with this part of the lake. Being around the Silver Dollar City area, hoping the traffic won't be too bad.
    Through the week the traffic wasn't bad at all. the lake was almost void of boats too. was really nice to fish that's for sure.
    Tablerock isn't as bad as LOZ for play boats but its getting up there I am afraid.

7. Member
    Did you fish the whole honeymoon? You may need to rethink your plans!

the wife was the one wanting to fish all the time really. we did quite a few other things also but we did fish a lot.

9. Member
    I like going into Little Indian Creek, have caught several good smallmouth in that area. The point across from Still Water Resort always produces.

10. Member
    Sounds like a fun honeymoon and a good report. I was down there Saturday but was under the water most of the time helping teach a scuba class.

Congrats btw.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I like going into Little Indian Creek, have caught several good smallmouth in that area. The point across from Still Water Resort always produces.
    It will be the first place I try on Sunday when we get there!

12. Member
    Well back to work today from Table Rock lake. A week of vacation can sure make one think about retirement. Great week of weather. Was able to get out and fish 3 of the 6 days we were there. Had the girl friend with me so we had the Branson, Silver Dollar City & Dogwood Canyon days. Did locate a good point by Indian Point Marina on Friday evening and caught 6 smallmouth and lost 2 more at the boat, all 16-17 inches in a 30 minute time period. Caught a few spots off the end of a wave break on spook also. Even had a double once. You would always see a fish or two following the hooked fish as you were reeling it in. Girl friend got a kick out of catching them on a whopper plopper. Fishing was tough during the afternoons but seem to improve closer to dusk. All were caught on football jigs in 20-22 foot of water, just as advertised. Water temp was 80 when we arrived and 74-75 after the cooler nights by the time we left. Had a great steak dinner at the Rock Lane resort restaurant. It was a great week to be there as we saw very boats out on the lake.