2008 triton 19x2 good or bad

i need some information from owners of a 2008 19x2 boat,they no longer make them,i am thinking about buying one but i had a trition dealer tell me they was a ill handling boat thats why triton stopped making them,he said they was hard to drive, and what do you guys think a fair price would be,it has a 225 opimax not a proxs engine,thanks for any help,you can pm me also thanks

i have a 2008 20x2. been a great boat, no complaints. Handles ruff water very well. I have no trouble driving the boat, the deep V cuts the water very well.

3. Member
    I have a 20x2. Best riding, handling boat ive had. Fishing platform is solid. Loads and launches great. Great boat. Ive sure any x2 boat will be good

4. Member
    They aren't hard to drive because they were not fast and they drove like a Ranger not a Triton.

5. Member
    My last boat was an '08 19x2 with a Merc 225 Pro XS. I loved it. Sold it to get to get out of a payment due to divorce. Worst mistake I ever made. The boat I mean. Drove like a dream. Loved the boat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    They aren't hard to drive because they were not fast and they drove like a Ranger not a Triton.
    that would be nice,nothing like a good riding easy handling boat,thanks for the input

7. Member
    I have a '08 19X2 with 225 Pro XS. Best riding and handling boat I've had. By myself, half tank of gas, empty live wells and i can get 74.6 GPS. 3/4 tank of gas or more, empty live wells....chine walk starts at 69, below 3/4 tank of gas and empty live wells...chinewalk starts at 67. Can cruise at 66 all day long with no driver input. Great boat and fishes well too.

8. Member
    Great riding boat. Feels more like a 20' class boat. Does everything well.

9. Member
    i wonder why they only made them one year

10. Member

USA

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i need some information from owners of a 2008 19x2 boat,they no longer make them,i am thinking about buying one but i had a trition dealer tell me they was a ill handling boat thats why triton stopped making them,he said they was hard to drive, and what do you guys think a fair price would be,it has a 225 opimax not a proxs engine,thanks for any help,you can pm me also thanks
    I currently have a 2008 Triton 19X2 w/Merc 225 Optimax Pro SX with a Fury prop and it will scoot!
    I could probably sell my boat for what I paid for it new.
    Just look and see the cost of a new boat!

11. Member
    Not exactly what you asked but, 2007 TR 196 (DC) and 200 Optimax. Great boat. Plenty of room, does well in rough water and zero bad manners. I have been told the same thing about ill handling. I have not seen that. Yours (with a larger engine) may chine walk at some point but, nearly all do. I would buy it again.

12. Member
    I have a completely refurbished from Trailer to boat a beautiful 2008 Triton 19X2. This is an amazing boat in so many ways. First of all I have owned several different Triton models over the years and this boat has by far the best ride of any of them. The boat can handle really rough water due to the deep V on the hull, however it is not a very fast boat. Fully loaded gas, tackle, you and your partner your looking at 68-71 MPH. For me that is plenty fast enough considering that I pass alot of boat that are much faster than mine when the water is rough. The front deck for a 19'6 is very spacious and I have never had a problem with anyone fishing up front with me. I sold Triton boats for a number of years so here is a little background on that boat. I was told that Gerald Swindle was asked many years ago by Earl Bentz what could be done with the Triton boat line to make them handle rough water better, hence the "X" hull. Yes the x series boats handled better especially in rough water however they were too slow for many of the pros that were running them. So that is the reason for this particular model only being made for 1 year. Since this will be my last Triton and last bass boat I dumped some serious coin into the boat to have a 15 year old new boat. If you decide to buy this boat (you wont go wrong) I can help you in terms of finding just about anything for it, or if you have questions in terms of set up or anything else about it. Tried to post a pic of mine on this link however it did not take. Send me your email and I will show you what i did to mine. Tight lines!

13. Member
    Sorry, did not address your main question. Depending on the condition of the boat, trailer, and the hours on the motor I would say 23K-25K for that particular set up. I too have the 225 Optimax and not the PRO-XS. Look the boat all over especially the hull and make sure you do a compression check on the motor. Also the Optimax compression is different than the compression for a PRO-XS. You should be between 95-100 PSI on each cylinder.

14. Member
    Sorry my friend just realized that this was a old thread. Saw the October date and thought it was recent. Hope you bought your boat!!!!

Have an 08 19X2. No complaints! Drives good and handles rough water. It's called a 19 but is almost 20 ft. Last boat I'll own.
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.