Just bought a 2013 21HP, have 2 rigging questions with the Evinrude G2

Didn’t know whether this should go in the Triton forum or Evinrude forum but here goes.

I just purchased a 2013 Triton 21HP. It’s was re-powered last year with a 2016 Evinrude G2 300. Love the engine so far. But there are a few things that don’t work.

First the bow mounted trim/tilt don’t function (I found what I think are the leads at the helm blue/white, green/white). Second is the push button Start/Stop. It’s doesnt work as well. I have to open the hidden key compartment and turn the key to start and stop the engine, annoying.

There has to be a way to hook these up to be functional. I’ve looked at dozens of wiring diagrams of the ICON setup, looked at all the installation and rigging instructions from Evinrude for the G2 but none of their diagrams have cable colours and I’m not sure if I can just splice onto the throttle cables without making a bigger mess.

My second thought was that I could buy a 6 pin connector and connect them into the harness (but I have no clue which one it would go to)

Has anyone had to do his type of hookup or is it even possible?
    2013 Triton 21HP
    2016 Evinrude G2 300

2. Member
    1. I would remove the bow panel and look for loose wires there first.
    2. IMO, whoever disabled the start/stop button did you a favor. It is a potential problem. Remove that useless little door over the switch.
    Not a bad idea to visit the Evinrude forum as well for the wiring questions.
    Welcome to BBC.

3. Member
    Yup that little door was removed last week. Will take apart the bow panel and check it out but pretty sure I found the other end of the cables under the helm with nothing attached to them.
    2013 Triton 21HP
    2016 Evinrude G2 300