Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Prayers and thoughts to all affected. Hope the injuries, casualties and losses are as small as possible.
    +1. This storm is looking like a very dangerous storm. Heard this morning they're saying it could be a CAT 5 soon.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Prayers to those that will be effected.

Jersey doesn't have left turns, they have jug handles
    Ohio is a fly over state, no sure who lives there
    Tenn needs to clean that up if true.

Let's keep focused on the people, and hope they evacuate.

3. Member
    There are some that are home bound or do not have the ability to leave. Those are the only ones that should need help! Every situation is different but if you need to leave and aren't able you should be contacting some gooberment official or some good samaritan to get out before the last minute.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

How does a mandatory evacuation work? What happens if you don't evacuate? Are there no laws about for workers during a mandatory evacuation? Can't be penalized for evacuating? I understand first responders and hospital workers having to stay, but anyone else...

5. Member
    real question is have they brought Brunswick nuclear plant down yet? That dont happen overnight.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    How does a mandatory evacuation work? What happens if you don't evacuate? Are there no laws about for workers during a mandatory evacuation? Can't be penalized for evacuating? I understand first responders and hospital workers having to stay, but anyone else...
    If you don't leave by a certain time you are informed that First responders won't come and get you until the all clear is given you are on your own.

I was told yesterday the company I work for will be putting us up in a hotel for a few days later this week

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    OK North Carolina, Maryland and Virginia is time to get the he!! out of Dodge.

Can we come stay with you?

9. Member
    Prayers to all the people that will be effected by this monster! Please stay safe and protect your family. Material things can be replaced but lives can't!

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    I didn't think anyone lived in Ohio....seems like every Ohio resident has moved to SC.
    I can see why. It’s the SC BBQ!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Bring Tito's

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    You want chowder, clams,oysters, scallops, or lobster?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh4656 View Post
    You can bet the Fed Govt will not be open Friday if the storm hits near Wash Dc.
    The last 10 years of my job with the DOJ I was in a Central Office position, but I was stationed in the field. Trust me when I say most the numb nuts in DC are already taking this opportunity to avoid commuting to work, and likely being paid to work from home.
    The most frustrating part of working for a boss who was located in DC was trying to find him (anyone in DC for that matter) when the first snowflake or raindrop hit the windshield. It was amazing how often they used weather as an excuse not to come into work, or be completely unavailable for,days on end.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Around here, the refineries, hospitals, emergency response, city workers, and others have shelters either in the city or a little farther inland where they have a hurricane crew. Once the storm passes they have passed to get back in because the police will block entry paths if the evacuation order isnt lifted. Nobody is penalized. Usually everybody works together to get stuff back rolling and people back home so it works out pretty good. You technically dont have to evacuate but once it gets to a certain point they tell people write their SS# on their body and your on your own till it passes.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos200xl View Post
    real question is have they brought Brunswick nuclear plant down yet? That dont happen overnight.
    That's scary. Wonder what people will think of nuclear power if we have an incident like Japan did? Let's pray they are on top of it and over prepared

16. idbefishing
    I would think if there's a mandatory evac order, nobody is getting fired from their job if they leave town.

17. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos200xl View Post
    Hopefully this is true " is built to withstand any natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, floods and earthquakes."

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Don't go to Tennessee. THey have a terrible football team. Come to Ohio. We're Number 4!
    Not sure this is the right post to make such a joke. I believe in joking but if you have ever been through hurricanes you would understand maybe. Prayers to those affected.

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I would think if there's a mandatory evac order, nobody is getting fired from their job if they leave town.
    No kidding, can't believe how many guys mentioned this. If your boss was told to evacuate and did how would he be around to run a business and penalize you for not being there?

20. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    There are some that are home bound or do not have the ability to leave. Those are the only ones that should need help! Every situation is different but if you need to leave and aren't able you should be contacting some gooberment official or some good samaritan to get out before the last minute.
    If you are in that position and live in a hurricane area, you should have had the sense to make arrangements long before this. There is assistance out there, but you can't wait for it to come to you. If you do, Good luck.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast