Long story short, it's fixed and here's the Readers Digest version.
You'll need a can of Great Stuff expanding foam (available at Lowes), a can of 3M General Trim Adhesive (Oreilly's), a Stanley Surform http://www.stanleytools.com/de...haver
A good filet knife to trim off excessive foam and about an afternoon.
Remove the rod holder in the passenger side locker and then peel back the carpet in each rod locker to expose the back of the rod locker close out (this photo shows the after shot of the foam shaved down and ready to go back together)
On the passenger side, makes sure you stow the light wires out of the way or they'll get trapped in the foam (like mine did). Start off at the bottom and slowly work you way up building a foam wall in the gap between the close out and outboard side wall. Dont press the foam spray nozzle to hard, kinda feather it out of the can slowly while working your way up. Dont worry about any foam that may get on the carpet and dont try to clean it up until after it cures. When it is cured it will lift right up. Let the foam cure over night and dont worry about how much it expands.
Once the foam has cured, take a good sharp knife and start cutting away the excess working your way back to the close out panel. Dont take too much off.
Once you get it close enough to the close out panel, use the Surform to work it the rest of the way until it is just about even with the close out panel. Also any foam that may be in the carpet, use the Surform to break it loose.
Here's a shot of the back side of the passenger rod locker with the passenger rod butt holder removed
And a shot of the work in progress working the foam down with the Surform
I used a shop vac to clean up all the loose foam in each locker and then shot the close out panel and new foam with the 3M General Trim Adhesive and stuck the carpet back in place.
One other thing I did was place a set of T&H Marine (P/N FD-2) drain covers after using a 2.5" hole saw to cut the opening to provide a vent for the fumes forward of the factory vents. They were like $3 or $4 at the local dealer
I installed these because the factory vents do not provide adequate ventalation as installed. The carpet blocks any path that the fumes may have (this photo is of the vent area with the seat plane and vent removed, the carpet goes down and under the tank about 6 to 8 inches)