Ranger RB190 transducer mount

I need a little help guys I got a new RB190 and I'm trying to get it rigged up so I have a few questions. I bought a Humminbird Mega 10 SI for the console and it never crossed my mind since I was coming from a glass bass boat with a jack plate about mounting the side imagining transducer to the transom since I don't have a jack plate i'm worried that my motor isn't far enough away from the transom to have a clear shot for the transducer and before I drill holes in a new boat I was wondering if anyone has mounted one and how did it work out any advice would be appreciated. Also if I have to get a jack plate will a manual plate work ? If so what would be the best size I would evidently would like to get one later on down the road.

I had the same worry when I bought a Helix 9 to install on my 14' 4"Lund Rebel with a 25 hp Yamaha 4 stroke. I called Hbird and they said that I could buy a second transducer and install one on each side of the transom, hooking them together with a "Y" cable that I'd run to the Helix 9. This would mean I wouldn't have to worry about the lower unit of the motor blocking the SI signals. That sounded like a lot of hassle, so I put the transducer on a portable mount that I screwed onto the transom, like you would with a jon boat. Turns out, I could easily shoot SI between the transom and the lower unit of the motor. So, I installed the single transducer a few inches up from the bottom of the transom pretty close to the motor. The SI signals get wider as they go out. So, mounting the transducer close to the motor insured that the SI signals were still quite narrow and they shot past the lower unit. Two years now with no problem...other than losing the signal once I get on plane.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Do not drill holes in the transom. Buy a plastic transducer bracket and glue it on the transom. You can move the transducer around to find the best location without drilling holes In your boat.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tran...mounting-plate
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by model70man View Post
    Do not drill holes in the transom. Buy a plastic transducer bracket and glue it on the transom. You can move the transducer around to find the best location without drilling holes In your boat.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/tran...mounting-plate
    . I'm definitely not wanting to drill holes in my boat unless I have to this is what I'm wanting to use but the problem is I don't have a jack plate so my motor is pretty close to the transom and my side imaging transducer is about 8" and if I use this block it's going to add more to that. Do you know if I can install a manual jack plate on these boats or does if have to be hydraulic