Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (cart7)

FYI for anyone considering an upgrade to newer model of seats. The 04-05 X Series can be ordered with springs in them. It makes hitting the wake and waves a little less painful. You can view them on our web site: http://www.candomarineparts.com
    and of course you can call me to order them, check current stock, discuss color options, etc!! We also have a variety of panels/faceplates, dashes, glovebox doors, shrouds.........

2. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (jtomlin)

I applaud your patience and skill. I, too, have a Triton in need of carpet replacement and seat repair and have not yet summoned the courage to lauch into the job.

Can you please explain how you removed the seats. Was it necessary to first remove the panels you described or were they removed by some other process?

I appreciate any help you can give.

3. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Slant)

You can remove the seats without taking the panel out. It depends on the model boat, as to how the seats are attached. They all will have screws under the seat bottom on the ledge closest to the floor of the boat. You can take a phillips screw driver and remove these. Then there is two screws on the outside edge of the middle seat cushion on the back of the seat. It would be best to post something on the forum with your model boat and let one of the dealers see if they can better explain how to remove the seats. Hope this helps.

4. Member

Re: Seat Removal

Thank you a lot. I shall do so

5. Member

Hey Justin, Awesome job!!!
    Youve inspired me to tackle my TR19,
    Been watching your posts, one question?
    You said you wished you would have used padding on the whole job.
    is that lids and all ? and how do you glue with padding, glue then pad and more
    glue on top of the pad or what??? I dont understand how you hold the carpet down
    when pad is installed. Probably a dumb question!!
    Again GREAT JOB and thanks for all the info

6. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Adub)

Yes, I wished I would have done the hole entire boat. I only did the very front of the front deck and the first compartment lid. I glued the pad down and then glued the carpet to the pad. Not a dumb question, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

7. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtomlin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">. Oh, and the only complication I have had is my wife complaining of her shoulder hurting from scrapping the old adhesive off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the best quote of the whole thread.

8. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Jiggernaut)

She still reminds me from time to time on all the hard work she put into the boat carpet.

9. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (flippinidiot5977)

I used a skill saw with a carbide tip blade. It gives you a very straight cut and smooth edges. The skill saw actually cut to just the right depth for the recess box. I had to take a saw-jaw and cut the inside of the front compartment. I bought my trolling motor recess box at Clark Marine. As far as a glove box, I have a small 3" x 8" compartment just above the key area that I keep most small items. I believe it is where a radio would typically be installed. Anything else I need to store, I have a small rubbermaid storage box that I keep in the storage compartment up front to put that stuff in.

10. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (JaxTR21)

is the carpet run in the same direction,looks like two of the lids have the carpet turned wrong,still looks nice,i done that to mine

11. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (buster502)

Hey Justin, Its me again!! Adub,,,, Got all my carpet up and old glue off of my TR19 and was going to order my carpet from Basscat but I think they are closed due to the ice storm,
    Im still debating on the 24oz from Bass Cat or the 20oz from Bas-car,
    My lids are already tight with the old carpet, I can hardly open them from out side the boat, I have to get up into the boat and get an upwards pull to get em open.
    Im afraid if I go with the 24oz I may run into more problems that I want.
    were yours that tight with the original carpet , I sure like the looks of that 24oz!
    I bet it feels nice on the feet too! This is too much work to be disappointed with the outcome.
    Thanks for all the info on this post

12. Member

Mine was not tight with the old carpet and they are a little tight with the new, but I like how it is. If you go with the 24 oz carpet from Basscat, you can always take a pair of trimmers and thin the carpet on the edges to make the lids loosen up. Good Luck.

13. Member

will do, I really want to go with that carpet, I guess if the lids are to tight ill
    Have to deal with it, heck whats a couple of more hours at this point!!

Thanks Justin

anyone ever ordered the 20 oz precut kits from bassboatcarpets.com?! I was considering this vs doin it from scratch.
    Greg
    06 Stratos 201 ProXL, Yamaha 225
    12 Ram 1500 QC Hemi, Dropped 5"+
    85 Tidecraft turned mega pond boat

15. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (GregInAtl)

Greg&lt; I thought about precut kits but ended up just using a roll, cutting the carpet really is not that big of a deal compared to all the other work involved and you can customize as desired, heres some pics of my project, good luck, a lot of work but worth every hour and dollar

http://www.bbcboards.net...68224

16. Member

You should be working for Triton installing carpet.I have a 09 hp explorer with a 150 merc.and no trim on the carpet .Can i use the weatherstriping also,or do I have to pull up the carpet to get it to fit.That is a GREAT JOD!!!

17. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (gunit)

Glad you posted pics of the underseat area I always wondered what it looked like under there.

18. Member

your carpet looks great. i have done alot of carpet jobs for friends boats and that looks great. if you can find it,"wilsonart 500" is the best stuff to use for glue. they dont sell it to the public anymore so you will need to find a cabinet shop and kiss up alittle and they might sell you some.only one problem with it though, you have to be fast,once you put it on the carpet and lay it down,your done. you only get one shot at it. once again great job

19. Member

Did you cut the front part first with the two long pieces down each side? If so did you start at the front and cut in the middle of the carpet. I'm thinking if I do that there won't be enough carpet between the two long runners to put on the two rod lockers and storage bens because they wrap around and under the lids? I'm doing mine shortly. Thanks/Vernon

20. Member

Looks good, how did you get the aluminum cover off where the seats are mounted over the fuel tank to recarpet it? I have removed the screws from the top but can't get it to come off. Are there anchors at the bottom?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast