Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (jtomlin)

Don't get me wrong here, you did an awsome job and the boat looks great. I know how much work you have invested too. But did you notice how one or two of the deck lids has a different shade to it? Thats caused by accidently turning a piece of carpet so that the direction of the stitching doesn't line up with the rest. Either way it still looks like new.

2. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Fishaholic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fishaholic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't get me wrong here, you did an awsome job and the boat looks great. I know how much work you have invested too. But did you notice how one or two of the deck lids has a different shade to it? Thats caused by accidently turning a piece of carpet so that the direction of the stitching doesn't line up with the rest. Either way it still looks like new. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure that's the case. Justin mentioned he did have to actually put a piece on like that on his livewell, but all the other carpet was oriented correctly. Here is JT's statement in an earlier post:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jtomlin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Here is the pics of the finished product, except for the driver side livewell lid. It is just temp, I ran out of carpet and pieced it together and didn't have two large enough pieces that where the same direction, so it looks to different colors. When I get my carpet in to do the trailer, I will redo the livewell lid and I'll do some pics of the process as to removing carpet, adhesive, and how I cut and glued the new carpet, if it would help anyone. I also to some pics for the seat install after I get my new seats. </TD></TR></TABLE>

3. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Jiggernaut)

OOPS! My bad. I looked through the thread to see if it was mentioned but I guess I didn't look close enough. Thanks Jason

4. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Fishaholic)

Justin,

One more question what is the name of the color of the carpet you chose. Is that the ASH color or med gray? Thank you.

5. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (dhuffnmu)

That is the ASH. Feel free to ask me whatever. I'll help however I can.

6. Member

Looks great, wanna do mine?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

2003 Bass Tracker PT185
    Lowrance Elite 9TI X2
    90 HP Mercury ELPTO
    Laser II Prop 20P

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (dbierman)

yea what the guy above me said .......................

So Says SKEETERRULZ!!

8. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (dbierman)

For the right price, maybe.

9. Member

Looks nice Justin, I have the carpet out of mine, and started buffing, then off to the shop to get the hydraulic steering repaired, then install the new carpet, then off to get a 2006 225 Pro XS installed. Man when will I get to go fishing.
    Greg Paschal - Louisville, KY
    Boatless

looks good

11. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (gobbler)

What is the number for the seat manufac. again and where did you order the carpet from website or phone. Thanks again , I got an 01 in dire need.

Ps do you think all the models screws for seat box is the same. My drains are cloged and need to be clean out and covered with some kind of grate to keep it from happing again.

this site is great.

12. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (fastfisher)

The place I got my carpet was BassCat, http://www.basscatstore.com/in...D=134 . The seat manufactors number is (615) 395-4348 and the name is Quality Mfg.

What seat box are you referring to?

13. Member
    The box the seats mount too. over the fuel tank. how to take it out and screw locations.
    thanks

14. Member

Re: (fastfisher)

If yours is a 2001 then it prolly is the same or real close, as mine is a 2001 also. Just take your finger and feel around in the carpet and you should find the screw heads and be able to remove them.

15. Member

Re: (jtomlin)

I found the screws in the lip by the livewell lids but i can't find any screws on bottom side. Ihave the seats out and have felt all over. Just wondering about the location of the screws around the bottom. Are they right where seats where or are they close to the sides. Are there any where the seat back is? I talked to the triton rep and he didn't really help.

16. Member

Re: (fastfisher)

They are on the very outside edge of the flat part that the seats sit on. I can take a better picture of it if you need me too.

17. Member

fine job.........looks new

18. Member

Mr. Tomlin
    I found them and got her all cleaned out. You wouldn't belive all the stuff i found in there not to mention dirt and sludge that was preventing the drains from working properly. THANKS AGAIN

I can't belive they would sell the boat with out somthin to keep the dirt out of there.

19. Member

Looks great.. You did a fine job. I have a 2001 TR-21 that needs carpet.. I was thinking of buying the Basscat carpet and have carpet people do the job...

Again, it looks really good..

Jim
    Jim

20. Member

Man, that carpet job looks sweeeeeet!!!!! I'm tryin to get the nerve to do mine, now that I have new seats coming!!! How much do u charge again????
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic & Epoch lithium batteries

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast