Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Jiggernaut)

My factory installed "pro-tray" was not carpeted. Yours definitely looks better than factory.

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (jtomlin)

Thanks for the tank info. Another ? What's the difference between the 05 & o6 seats?

3. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (mlh1955)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mlh1955 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's the difference between the 05 & o6 seats? </TD></TR></TABLE>

05 Model Seats.

06 Model Seats.

I like the 06 seats also. Are they the Attwood SAS seats? Did you get them from Quality Mfg. or a Triton dealer? I'm replacing the seats in my 2002 TR20 before spring, if you hadn't guessed by now.LOL Thanks for your help!

5. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (mlh1955)

Here is the pics of the finished product, except for the driver side livewell lid. It is just temp, I ran out of carpet and pieced it together and didn't have two large enough pieces that where the same direction, so it looks to different colors. When I get my carpet in to do the trailer, I will redo the livewell lid and I'll do some pics of the process as to removing carpet, adhesive, and how I cut and glued the new carpet, if it would help anyone. I also to some pics for the seat install after I get my new seats.

In the last pic, what do you'll think about the aluminum trim that I used instead of just the black? Believe it or not it is Door Jamb Weatherstriping that I bought at Lowe's and heated and bent it to the contour of the boat.

6. Member

Man, that really makes that rig look plush!

I like the looks of that trim piece. You know, that's where all my old carpet is coming up, at the edges. Isn't that how it used to be done??

Good job!

If you can post in pics your step by step process, that would be really cool.

7. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (Jiggernaut)

looks great Justin. . How snug are the lids with that plush carpet? Would love to do mine but I'm worried that my lids might get to snug, as they are tight now!

8. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (JaxTR21)

One more quick question Justin. After looking at the close-up pics of your AWESOME carpet I noticed your sonar mounted in the bow panel. How did you mount your lowrance into the bow panel. Mine is currently RAM mounted on the front deck and I want to move it to the bow panel. I was thinking of cutting out a hole to fit the unit but how did you secure it to the? panel

9. Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaxTR21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know, that's where all my old carpet is coming up, at the edges. Isn't that how it used to be done??

If you can post in pics your step by step process, that would be really cool. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be glad to post some pics of the step by step process when I do the last lid and trailer. My boat did have a piece of trim on the edge, it was a piece of black plastic that was held down by DB sided tape. I thought the ALM would look better and be more flashy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaxTR21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks great Justin. . How snug are the lids with that plush carpet? Would love to do mine but I'm worried that my lids might get to snug, as they are tight now!</TD></TR></TABLE>

My lids were tight before too, but they are not much tighter now. I can tell a difference in the livewell lids is all really. I do know you can trim the carpet just a little (Haircut) and it will help, but I'm going to what it out. As I believe it will get loosier as it wears some.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaxTR21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One more quick question Justin. After looking at the close-up pics of your AWESOME carpet I noticed your sonar mounted in the bow panel. How did you mount your lowrance into the bow panel. Mine is currently RAM mounted on the front deck and I want to move it to the bow panel. I was thinking of cutting out a hole to fit the unit but how did you secure it to the? panel
    </TD></TR></TABLE>

The panel in my front deck was bought with a cut-out for a Lowrance 67 and I trimmed it just enough to make the 125 fit really snug. You then can take Aluminum sheet and make two small brackets to put on the backside, then get you two bolts that fit your Lowrance holes in the side and attach the brackets to there. It won't be able to come out then, you can get creative and cut slots in the aluminum to make them adjustable. I hopes this helps.

10. Member

Thanks for the answers. Again, your carpet looks great.

Fabulous job.

Justin, Where the carpet folds over into the front of the rod lockers there is a curved radius. Did you have to cut the carpet in any way to snug it up to that radius or is the carpet flexible enough to cover that curve? Thanks Tom

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

13. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (bassbama)

You have to slit the carpet right in the center of the radius, that will allow the carpet then to be pressed down around the radius. There will be a small triangular gap towards the bottom that you will have to cut a place in there to cover the area. That was the way the old carpet was also, if we're talking about the same area.

Thanks Justin did what you suggested and it worked fine. I"m using that same carpet you used after installing the Pro-Tech padding on my front deck you sure can tell the difference in the 24oz.

Modified by bassbama at 3:15 AM 2/8/2008

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

15. Member

This is perfect I am just getting ready to do my 01 Tr-20. And I was unsure of to go with the 20 oz or the 24oz from bass cat. Now I think i will go with the 24oz. How many extra feet did you give yourself when ordering? Also bassbama you said you added the padding under the carpet where do you get this and how did you do it? Also justin once that black carpet edging is removed is it unusable again and therefore I should get more? and is it laid before the carpeting and carpet tucked under or after the deck is carpeted and placed over? Thanks guys I will be starting mine in the next few weeks and I will take alot of photos and post regularly step by step for everyone to see.

16. Member

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (dhuffnmu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dhuffnmu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is perfect I am just getting ready to do my 01 Tr-20. And I was unsure of to go with the 20 oz or the 24oz from bass cat. Now I think i will go with the 24oz. How many extra feet did you give yourself when ordering? Also bassbama you said you added the padding under the carpet where do you get this and how did you do it? Also justin once that black carpet edging is removed is it unusable again and therefore I should get more? and is it laid before the carpeting and carpet tucked under or after the deck is carpeted and placed over? Thanks guys I will be starting mine in the next few weeks and I will take alot of photos and post regularly step by step for everyone to see.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I only ordered 25 feet, but in order to lay it with all the carpet in the same direction, you'll prolly have to have 32-35 feet. I had enough to do mine, but ran out before I could do the trailer. The edging goes on after the carpet is laid, when you remove it you will see a ledge there to butt the carpet up against. There are screws at the end of the edging and the rest is held down with 3M tape. You can replace the old tape with new, lowe's carries it, and then reinstall it. I chose to reinstall the black edging then add a aluminum strip over the top and screw it down with SS screws. I thought the aluminum added a little more flash to make it look better and not so dull. I put padding under mine also, but I used a rubber tool box lining material that was 1/4" thick and water proof. It came from Lowe's also. I only did the front deck and now I wished I'd would have done it all. You can really tell the difference in the feel and how the carpet wears too.

Re: Opinions Wanted on Carpet Install. (dhuffnmu)

You can get the padding at http://www.clarkmarine.com. I"m not finished yet but have a few pictures that I will try and post.

Prep for Pro-Tech pad install

Modified by bassbama at 9:46 AM 2/8/2008

applied contact cement

carpet came up in one piece and used that as a template glued one half at a time.

Modified by bassbama at 1:09 PM 2/13/2008

Modified by bassbama at 3:22 AM 2/16/2008

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast