Tournament Prop vs Fun Prop for Eyra

I was wondering if anyone runs two different props pending what they will be doing. I took my '18 Eyra with 250 Pro XS, out this weekend and ran pretty decent in the morning with two people and tournament load but later in the day it was real sluggish out of the hole. Full livewells, 3/4 tanks, 2200ft elevation, and 100-108 degree temps, and water temps in mid to high 80s. I am currently running a stock 25 Fury 3, took out without myself the week before and easily ran 77.8 @ 5800 rpms and had more left and great holeshot. It was the tournament load that it suffered when two people and full livewells. The topend was still there even though never got to open it, just wanted something to perform a little better under tournament conditions. May send prop out to have it worked as well.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

2. Member
    Send prop to Ronnie Gilbert. Have him tune and add exhaust holes in the hub.

If you dont have a back up prop, I would get a fury 4 blade 25p for the summer, and run that 3 blade in the winter. Youll give up some top end but not alot. I like my 4 blade so much it stays on full time with my caracal. Ronnie can get ya some lift and hole shot out of the 3 blade also.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    If you dont have a back up prop, I would get a fury 4 blade 25p for the summer, and run that 3 blade in the winter. Youll give up some top end but not alot. I like my 4 blade so much it stays on full time with my caracal. Ronnie can get ya some lift and hole shot out of the 3 blade also.
    I like running my 24 fury 4 on my caracal all year long...I'd like to have Ronnie tune it for some more top end if possible...

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

5. Member
    Thanks I will have to give him a call, the boat is a beast especially with just me in it, just want little better tournament performance.

My Fury 4 25 is pretty slow, it is stock. About 74 is all I can get out of it but hole shot is acceptable in the Texas heat. Is the stock Fury 3 25 capable of 80 mph in the Eyra? I want to be able to get over 80 and was wondering if the 25 would do it or be better off with the Fury 3 26. I switch to the Fury 4 26 when it gets in the 70's and below.

7. Member
    I have consistently ran the boat at 77-78 in 100-120 degree heat and 1600-2200ft of elevation with the Fury3 25. Runs at 5700-5800 and has more left but havent had long consistent areas to stay WOT plus no walking at that speed at all. That is just me with some water in the wells and 1/2-3/4 tanks. I have not ran it in the cooler weather yet. I am sure it will hit 80 no problem. I know the 26 Fury is the preferred speed prop but I think loaded in the elevations and heat here in AZ I wont ever get to see the full potential unless just trying for a speed run. Id rather have a great performing 25 Fury that can handle all the situations I need it for

Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    I like running my 24 fury 4 on my caracal all year long...I'd like to have Ronnie tune it for some more top end if possible...

Ive heard of a puma he did a 4 blade on that was running 79-80. Thats what the 3 blade boats run. So he can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Ive heard of a puma he did a 4 blade on that was running 79-80. Thats what the 3 blade boats run. So he can do it!
    Which 4 blade was it? Maybe I should send him one of my Fury 4’s, I’ve got a 25 and a 26. Guess the best thing to do is contact him and get his opinion.

Pretty sure it was a fury but not sure the pitch

11. Member
    Scott - I am running my 25P Fury 4 blade currently and by myself I can hit 74 and with a tournament partner and full wells only 72. This spring I was running my 26P Fury 3 blade and was able to hit 82. That was by myself with wells empty and full gas tanks and the prop was worked by Ronnie Gilbert. I called Ronnie before I sent the prop to him and asked which one he would recommend for best overall performance and he said the 26. If you want to hit 80 I would suggest the 26. I'm sure you could hit 80 with a 25 but I would think it would need tuning or you would hit the limiter. The only down side to the 26 / 3 blade is holeshot. I sent mine back to Ronnie and he touched it up and improved holeshot. I think I will send it back to him again to have the extra vent holes drilled which I am hoping will improve holeshot even more and I can leave it on year round. Hope that helps. I have a 25 / 3 blade that is just sitting in my shop that I am not sure what I am going to do with. May try and sell it at some point. Tony D