Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJohnny View Post
    What speed are you at now and what boat? At what load? What are you looking to hit? I'm just curious if your having issues somewhere other than setup.
    05 tr-21x duel console
    2010 250 proxs(had 225 opti originally)
    1.62 gears torquemaster

Pretty sure it's a 10" plate
    i've been everywhere from 3" to 1.5" below.
    26 tempest
    74 empty,empty,empty. Like a few gallons of gas and 0 gear

2 guys moderate takle load full gas and fish in wells 68 mph.

I'm 10 mph slower than what some others have posted with similar set-ups.

I know how to balance a boat and I can drive.

Im beginning to think something's wrong with motor as it took forever to get out of the hole loaded yesterday.

The 225 never had problems out of the hole but was slower on top.

2. Member
    I still have a hard time believing some of the numbers being put up. I have a 20hp with a 250 proxs and it will run 84 with just me in it and half a tank of gas plus very little gear so im not sure how some get their boats with 200 and 225's to run so fast. I think the hp is one of the fastest hulls Triton has ever made.

90. What rpm is it running at?

Yea 90, give us more info and well try and help.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    I wanna say 5900ish when it was empty, should have paid more attention to rpm loaded.

Dropped boat off at shop to have motor checked out.

A 2 minute holeshot can't be right with any load or prop , something has to be up with it.

Same prop, loaded heavier on 225 opti never had hole shot issues. Don't know what gears were in the 225, but I know there are 1.62's on the 250.

When it gets out of the shop i'll get some better numbers.

I have a 25 t1 i could try, but from what i've read the 250 should be able to push the 26 tempest fine??

only other 26's I have are not ideal for this boat. (26 BC cut chopper, 26 allison cut hydro )

would like to try a 26 fury or a 26 bravo but got to find out if the motor is all up to snuff first..

Thanks!

RPM seems ok for top end. I think the 250 can run about 6200 but I am not positive. But it should jump out of the water. Sounds like you have other issues. Have you tried removing plugs from the prop?

Also we might want to move this to the open forum. This isnt really for helping people or how to's, but rather just posting speeds ect..

90... From what I remember the 21x hull isn't as fast as the older 98-99 TR21's. I do know that weight kills the speed of the Tritons. Your Duel Console is robbing you of 1-2 mph at least. I'd test the boat with no more than 1/4 tank of gas. Give up on the 3 blade props and get you a 4 blade 26 Trophy Plus and take out all the vent plugs and replace them with large opened ones and an exhaust ring.

Remember weight is everything. Example I changed battery's and went with the big sears PM1 battery and i lost 1 MPH. I put a lowrance hds10 up from with mount and everything and lost 2 mph. i had to readjust my weight all over the boat to get my speed back. Jackplate height is also everything, start low and keep going up. Watch your water pressure. Simple as that. I'd say your rigs gonna run 73 tops with what you need to fish and fuel and partner. 75 if your lucky and im wrong about your hull. Wanna go faster loose the dual console and lighten it up.

Also remember, running with the wind will give you 1 mph... With the current... 1-2mph... It's gonna take seat time too. Holla if I can help more. If your in Tn ill take you out and show you what a rig setup right can do.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Yea another thing... 5900 is ok... But she will turn 6100.
    Heat will also rob you of 3-4 mph.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    Heat will also rob you of 3-4 mph.
    There is a really big factor. Humidity to.
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

i wish i knew more or where he was from, if hes running in the South or Texas/La area in 90-100 degree heat and humidity thats his problem. What did his rig run on top with the 225 before he repowered it? Big difference in a 8in plate or a 10in plate too depending again on the hull and weight. Running Power poles???? That will rob 2 mph right there. Too many factors and not enough info.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

11. Member
    South east texas,

never ran the boat with the 225 unloaded, always tourney loaded. was getting 62-3 loaded to the gills with the 225

Don't really care what it will run light, I need best performance heavy like we fish out of it.

No power poles.

HDS8 on ram up front, with a 5 in the bow panel
    touch 7 on ram at console,

101 fortrex, group 31's

2 guys 220ish each

Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    South east texas, 2 guys 220ish each
    well heck, theres your problem right there.

Just kidding man.

ok... that helps. So your running on Lake Houston, Livingston, Rayburn and the Bend. Really need to get the true measurments on your jackplate, they came stock with a 6in in most cases made by TH marine. You may need a wedge or some sort of tweaking with it. Im thinking you need to raise it till you start loseing water pressure and it gets below what Sherm at EUropean Marine suggests. See the Merc threads. You fish year around or just in the summer? Your boat should have been running 68-70 in April and 66-68 when its 95 degrees outside loaded heavy with the 225 running a 25 Trophy Plus. You should pick up 5 mph easily moving up to the 250 Proxs and turning a 26 Trophy Plus. If you and your partner are bringing 5 poles each and as many boxes each then thats normal load for a tourney. Put all the boxes in the back of the boat behind you and your partner. Poles can go up front with rain gear.

One thing to look for that some dont think about thats an issue with Tritons. When you launch and your idleing out to the channel, do you ever open your live wells and see if they have water in them? If they do thats part of your isssue too. At the end of the day how much water comes out of your drain plug? No water should be coming in your live wells unless you flip the switch to put it in there. And none should be coming out of the drain u nless its cooler water from the cooler. Food for thought, if your getting water in the boat thats weight.

At this point im racking my head... Id check out the motor and make sure i dont have a leak then consentrate on jack plate and prop. But 75 mph is your loaded target IMHO with your rig loaded but it may never get there since its a dual console. Let me know what you find out.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

from what I have seen here the Dual Console boats are running 2-3 mph slower then the singles.
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

15. Member
    I'd say your tach is off and you need a 24-25 pitch prop. most guys would be running 1.75 gears with the torque master thus the 26 pitch prop. is the rpm from the tach or from a merc monitor? Usually 1 1/2"-2" pitch difference from 1.75-1.62 gears
    Last edited by ont.deerhunter; 08-23-2013 at 10:11 AM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    from what I have seen here the Dual Console boats are running 2-3 mph slower then the singles.

It doesn't seem to matter to mine. I run about the same as some of the best numbers I have seen on comparable boats. Mine is a 2003 TR20 dual console

the extra console will slow it down compared to a single console due to weight and aerodynamics. Single consoles are always a little faster.

18. Member
    Motor checked out perfect, 1.62's have got to be killing it.

26 fury flew the nose better dead empty, but hole shot was worse.

Tried to run a 25 t-1 but couldn't realized it was a fat shaft Lu so only flo-torque hub props will work.

Threw a 23 high five on and hole shot came to life even heavy loaded but is on limiter at 68 mph.

Trying to find a 24 trophy or 25 fury to try. Also maybe a 24 or 25 bravo.

19. Member
    New top speed 2002 tr-22 dc with 2002 300x. 1.75 sporty,27p txp approx. 1" above pad 88.4 mph gps at 6500rpm with the current could run 86 going up river so I am thinking actual speed of 87+/-

20. Member
    in australia
    2013 pro17
    115pro xs 5" cmc jackplate, worked laser 2 cupped & blueprinted to 22 -3/4 pitch
    3 1/2" below pad
    tournament load 2 up , full live well ,1/2 tank fuel
    52 -53mph @5800rpm

Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast