Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryMan View Post
    Don,

It is frustrating when someone such as myself whom is a trusting person is looking to get the most out of my boat. I read these posts looking for idea's of possible changes. I see some "impressive" numbers and setups. I then try to duplicate those numbers and come up drastically short. I find it interesting to see guys turning 27p props at 4" below pad and getting 5900 rpms. Even Bullets can't do that in most cases.

As a BBC member that is a trusting individual looking for help ... lets all stay realistic as some people (myself included) will spend thousands of dollars trying to get these numbers that are posted and they are simply not possible.

Have a great day.
    Steve
    Amen brother!
    Team AnglerHub

2. Member
    2006 21 xseries 2005 250 xs
    78 top speed so far 8 inch set back not sure what prop to pad is. running a 27 trophy plus. not had the motor on long but she will flat smoke! bought a fury to try but kinda liking this 27 trophy and kinda afraid to mess with the jackplate since it running so good.

Don,

It is frustrating when someone such as myself whom is a trusting person is looking to get the most out of my boat. I read these posts looking for idea's of possible changes. I see some "impressive" numbers and setups. I then try to duplicate those numbers and come up drastically short. I find it interesting to see guys turning 27p props at 4" below pad and getting 5900 rpms. Even Bullets can't do that in most cases.

As a BBC member that is a trusting individual looking for help ... lets all stay realistic as some people (myself included) will spend thousands of dollars trying to get these numbers that are posted and they are simply not possible.

Have a great day.
    Steve
    So while I will say I agree it would be great if everyone could be accurate and realistic in the information they provide I would strong caution against spending thousands of dollar based on the advice from random people on a message board. That's just not prudent.

Don,

Have a great day.
    Steve

It depends on the hull design as to what we have our boats setup as. I have an 07 20X2 that IS 4" below the pad, 27p, and runs 5950 rpms merc monitor. There are many on here that have the same boat as I and have the exact same setup. Where as, my fathers 05 21X series is at 2 3/4" below pad turning a 27p also. Most of us DO give an honest setup. Bullets and Strokers normally run above the pad.

5. Member
    10 inch extension. Addressed transom angle to match a Bullet/ Allsion. Detweiller jack plate. I forgot the prop with Merc.Maybe 28 trophy? Drilled port holes.
    83 MPH 225 Promax, 225 Promax SS too.

Then went 2004 Bombardier 225 HO. 83 again with 30 P 15" Bravo.

Hull delaminated . Doesnt run the same after factory repair. 78 MPH all GPS

My friend did 87 with a 225 promax in a Tr20 duel console. I though he was a lier until I drove it and he held the GPS.

X series may not do this with a 225.( I wouldnt think)
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    87 on a TR20 with a PM, WW just got into the 90's with a 300+ Yamaha so i'm going to say no on the 87

7. Member
    2005 TR-20X 225 Opitmax 26Fury 6in Pro-HiJacker GPS Speed 73.8

04 Tr21x.. 250 V-Max. 8 inch set back. 26p Tempest Plus. 5900 73 mph.
    190TX Tracker 24' Striper offshore
    Southern living. Coastal North Carolina

9. Member
    2001 tr 22 2008 250 pro xs 75

New numbers....

1999 Tr21PD... 2010 Merc 250 proxs.... 82.2mph at 6080 RPM's on gps... (Was 80 before Bobs Plate) She will run 84 stripped!!! Croxtonized 26 Trophy plus.... New 8in Bobs Hydro Jackplate.... 1/4 tank of gas, light tourney load, 1 person... Honestly think that's all she's got, or at least that's all I'm gonna get out of her safely. She will run 79 loaded with full gear with me and my partner. So far very happy and kinda done trying to get speed!!! Gonna try the Promax in a 26 when it comes out..... :)
    Last edited by GLOCKMEISTER; 08-21-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: GPS MPH FUBAR and Added data
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

11. Member
    2013 18 xs
    merc 150 4 stroke
    full load and two persons

68-69 gps with alittle more to go

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pandk0811 View Post
    2013 18 xs
    merc 150 4 stroke

You mean 58 not 68.

13. Member
    Don,

Have a great day.
    Steve
    Updated 3-17-2015

2002 Tr21 DC
    2002 Merc 225 Opti
    25P Tempest Plus 3 Blade w/ 2 pvs plugs removed, and 1 large pvs plug still in (Prop just got worked by Tommy Yazzie for more bow lift. I will update after I get to run the prop)
    2.5" Prop to pad
    10" Rapid Jack JP
    1 person
    Live wells empty
    Fuel tank full
    Tournament Gear aboard
    55 degrees
    Water had just a little chop
    5650 rpms
    69.6 mph GPS

With live wells full, fish in live wells, partner in the boat, full tank, full tournament load, I can Squeak 65 mph even out of it in the right chop. I just got my prop back today (3-17-2015), and hope to run the boat in the next week or two. Will report how she does when I get the info. Right now I just don't have the bow lift that I need, and I need an extra 100 rpms. My goal is to get my boat to run 72 mph when I'm alone, and 68 with a tournament load. If I can pull that off I'll be happy. Still got some tweaking to do.
    Last edited by PowellSixO; 03-17-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

Being a drag racer for many years I do understand altitude and what is does to an engine. I am sure it does make some difference but I doubt it is a lot. Only due to the new engines being computer controlled and fuel injection. It is able to adjust to a certain point for some of the variables to run its best. My 2012 20XS with a 250 ProXS is from Tennessee and ran 74+mph loaded with two people. I am in Tx at about 1000 ft and it still runs low to mid 70's. So when it should have gained based on altitude but it didnt.

Also you really have to know what the DA, Density Altitude is. This is corrected altitude that factors in temperature and grains of water. We have been to races that would be 1000 foot of DA in the morning and then 3200 at the end of the day. With a 1000+ hp dragster I would run the 1/4 at 178 mph in 7.6 seconds. At 3200 I would lose about 2 mph and about 2 tenths. So it does change but not a ton. This was running gas not alcohol. So you need to know more than just the lakes elevation really to get a good idea of the difference.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pandk0811 View Post
    2013 18 xs
    merc 150 4 stroke

That 4 stroke must be the snizzle hey Snoop whatcha this

16. Member
    03 TR-186
    03 Evinrude 150
    5 1/2 inch CMC manual 3 in below pad, 23p Tempest
    63 mph @ 5850rpm by myself Tourney load, 1/2 tanke of gas, empty livewell
    59-60 mph@ 5500rpm fully loaded, full tanks, partner and half tank gas

17. Member
    Don,

Have a great day.
    Steve
    I'd like to see video with gps visible of tritons at these loaded speeds, not becasue i want to call people out but becasue i've worked caountless hours trying to set up a triton to run loaded like i read on here.

I would just like to know that it REALLY IS POSSIBLE before i spend anymore time chasing MPH that are listed as "Loaded" that are really completely empty with 1/4 tank gas or less. And I'm just wasting my time.

What speed are you at now and what boat? At what load? What are you looking to hit? I'm just curious if your having issues somewhere other than setup.

What most people don't realize is true distribution of wieght. Stick a pedestal seat up front in the wind and that alone can rob you of 1-2 mph easily. Add a 10in Lowrance with its lss box and ram mount and transducers to the front of your boat and that will rob you of 1-2 mph. If your putting tons of crap up in the front of your boat in front of the drivers console your never gonna run fast. It takes hours upon hours of seat time and weight distribution and balancing to get a boat setup right to be able to really preform. Then once you get all that right worry about props, plates, and such. Just my 2 cents :)
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

You got that right. I spent tons of time getting my old boat figured out with the right weight in the right places. It does work.

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast