Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Replacement trailer ?

Have a 21 year old MFI, trailering my Triton around on. Have had some issues with reliability this season and losing faith in its road worthy ness for longer road trips.
    With that being said, I’d like to reach out and see what the opinions are on replacement trailers. I’ve looked at the Phoenix trailers out of Michigan, they seem to be a good solid well built trailer. Pricey at around 6K for what I’d like to have on it, but seem to be a quality product.
    97 TR21 99 225EFI S/N OG885575

2. Fishing is a Passion
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Thanks for the link, I’ll be checking in with them periodically......

A friend, who is also a BBC member, had a new trailer made for his Triton at a trailer manufacturer in Mansfield. I haven't seen him around in a while. His user name is evanhoose. You might send him a PM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    A friend, who is also a BBC member, had a new trailer made for his Triton at a trailer manufacturer in Mansfield. I haven't seen him around in a while. His user name is evanhoose. You might send him a PM.
    Thanks Jeff...

6. Member
    Check out Marine Masters
    2019 Crestliner PT 20 - Mercury 200 Pro XS 4s - Columbus, OH

Quote Originally Posted by gordonsweb View Post
    Check out Marine Masters
    Thank you, just sent them an email for a quote.

The problem I see so far in this process, most manufacturers want you to go to their dealers. Dealers typically add $500 to the price for making some phone calls. The ones I’ve spoken to so far are very slow in their responses, if they respond at all.

Gordon, marinemasters will not sell to the public, as does Phoenix trailers.

9. Joe4d
    I contacted Marine Masters, basically they told me to piss off. There websight lists a Triton Galvanized channel trailer. I said I wanted one, they said to ask triton.
    My Triton dealer told me Triton told him to piss off, all they sell are their craptastic rustomatics. Take it or leave it. So I left it. Dealer ordered me a Phoenix.
    With doing the triton trailer back out, to adding the aluminum Phoenix, was only a 2k upgrade. Well worth it for me.

10. mikesxpress
    Aluminum trailer replacement and you'll never look back. No rusting. No paint issues. Lighten your towing load. Most manufactures are in Florida and have websites along with distribution in many states.

11. Member
    Might also give these guys a shout: https://tntrailer.com/.

It will be adjustable but I like my load rite http://www.loadrite.com/trailers/5-s...boat-trailers/
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

Ok, moving right along. Options for brakes, I’ve had boat trailers w/out brakes. I’ve had dual axle trailers with surge brakes. What are the opinions on the electric/hydraulic brakes? Is having brakes on both axles vs rear axle worth the expense? Inquiring minds wanna know....

14. Member
    Surge with disc is the most trouble free option IMHE. I have 4 trailers with electric and 2 out of the 4 work half way decent. The new one I just purchased has to have the brakes replaced because of overadjusting and heat. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

15. Member
    X2 on TN Trailer. The made me a replacement trailer for my Procraft. It is sweet and fits like a glove. I was having reliability issues as well on my original trailer.
    Go Big Blue!

16. Banned
    Ordered a new one yesterday for my 2001 tr21. Roadmaster trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Ordered a new one yesterday for my 2001 tr21. Roadmaster trailers.
    Looks like Marin master has the lead so far in my search.....

18. Banned
    What is everyone paying for a tandem

Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    What is everyone paying for a tandem
    $4500-$6500 depending on the setup. Paint/coating, fender material and rims installed eat up some money. Brakes on one vs both axles will also add up. I keep the bling to a minimum. Add what upgrades that are worth the money and will make life easier. Front step and upgraded winch (F2) were the only things added.

20. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I searched far and wide and finally found a used tandem steel channel trailer after close to a year of looking. Was Skeeter factory trailer. Spent just under 1k to buy it. Having it retrofitted now to fit my boat. In that process also adding a breakaway tongue, new surge breaks, brake lines, hubs and bearings, F2 winch and new trailer wiring/lights are going to set m back around $1400. New tires and rims around $650. Without having it re-painted I am right around $3k for a channel trailer that will last me 20+ years.

My single axle channel trailer is still in good shape other than cosmetics. I just do a lot of driving and wanted to go tandem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast