Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Perhaps... perhaps they have encountered a demand for aluminum that has back seated the project, perhaps is not WE WILL BE AT THE CLASSIC
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Things can change......I think the original plan was to release one model a month, pretty aggressive.

3. Member
    I think the crew that’s working on the Aluminum boats is not the same as the FG boats.
    2 different set of skills for the different hull material. Rigging may be similar skills.

4. Member
    This time last year there was a lot of hype on Venus . Everyone is still waiting to see the boat they have promised. I mean the aluminum boats look nice and all but they don’t live up to all that talk . Every boat company that comes out promises the new great thing , still waiting to see it .

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvkawboy View Post
    This time last year there was a lot of hype on Venus . Everyone is still waiting to see the boat they have promised. I mean the aluminum boats look nice and all but they don’t live up to all that talk . Every boat company that comes out promises the new great thing , still waiting to see it .
    Opinions Vary :-)

6. Banned
    First off, it's Vexus and the company didn't exist at this time last year. Secondly, please brief us on what you were wanting to see. The concept of a boat has been around forever, a vessel that floats There are only so many improvements that can be made regarding that concept. If you can't see the difference between a Vexus and it's competition, your name must be Ray Charles.

7. Member
    ” I mean the aluminum boats look nice and all but they don’t live up to all that talk”.
    Are you kidding me? Have you even seen one in person? Or better yet, riden in one? If not, then you don’t know what your talking about. Have you even in other Aluminum boats? If not how can you possibly make that statement. These boat ride so much better than Alum boat I have ever riden in, which is a few for sure. These boat are awesome. Maybe what ever fantasy was in your head, they don’t live up to but they certainly delivered an upgraded Alum boat IMO. That’s why I own one.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you even seen one in person? Or better yet, riden in one? If not, then you don’t know what your talking about. Have you even in other Aluminum boats? If not how can you possibly make that statement. These boat ride so much better than Alum boat I have ever riden in, which is a few for sure. These boat are awesome. Maybe what ever fantasy was in your head, they don’t live up to but they certainly delivered an upgraded Alum boat IMO. That’s why I own one.
    That is also why I'm trading my 2017 19' GLASS Ranger for a Vexus. That aluminum rig is an upgrade from my glass IMO, rides and performs better, will be quicker, and its a blast to drive. Ever heard someone say going from glass to aluminum is an upgrade??
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Wow, these Vexus guys are going to be worse that the Ranger folks.
    Guess not everyone is drinking the kool-aid and the guys that purchased their boats are getting their panties all bunched up

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Guess not everyone is drinking the kool-aid and the guys that purchased their boats are getting their panties all bunched up
    Lol. It’s not really even about the boat. It’s about being realistic. A person’s opinion is nothing more than spewing crap if they don’t have any real info. So how can a person say something like that if they haven’t seen one in person, or riden in one so they can compare. My personal opinion is, I believe the boat does live up to the hype. It looks better than Jon boat style Alum boats, the fit and finish is awesome, it certainly rides better, it’s width gives it more stability, the fiberglass boxes are excellent. I get it though, it’s not meant for everyone but then why not just say that. It’s not for me. Truthfully it doesn’t matter how much better something is, there will always be doubters and haters for a multitude of reasons. All I do know is I love mine.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 10-11-2018 at 11:47 AM.

11. Member
    I have a 2015 Triton 18TX that I bought new in 11/15. I have been pretty happy with the boat but I have had a few minor issues with it. For quite a while the Ranger 188 has been said by many on the Tin Boat forum to be one of the best aluminum boats in its class. My Triton is the same boat except for things like seats and the console.

Last week I went on test rides in the Vexus 1880 with a 115 Mercury and a 1980 with a 150 Evinrude. My local dealer is Malone's Marine in Buchanan, Tn and is only a few miles from my house. They had several of their Vexus boats at Paris Landing Marina to do a photo shoot and we're offering test rides for anyone that wanted to check them out.

I have to to say I was very impressed with the Vexus boats I rode in. They handled good in the chop that was on the main lake and steered like they were on rails. The hole shot was great and once up on pad there was no spray off the sides of the boat at all. I was also impressed with how well the boats handled when making some quick turns. The 1880 hit 50 mph and the 1980 was was hitting 56 mph. Family health circumstances will keep me from buy any new boat but I would definitely recommend taking a close look at these boats before buying something else.

12. Banned
    If you were in any way referring to me, I own a Ranger. I'm also a realist that has had my hands on a Vexus.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    If you were in any way referring to me, I own a Ranger. I'm also a realist that has had my hands on a Vexus.
    I actually think he was referring about my comment towards dvkawboy’s comment.

Just stirring the pot a little guys.

You new Vexus owners are all high on your new boats and you should be, they look really nice. If I had a dealer closer then 100's of miles away I would surely check them out. Where I live is more salt water then fresh so it sucks to live where I do when it comes to new boat shopping.

15. Member
    Just stirring the pot a little guys.

You new Vexus owners are all high on your new boats and you should be, they look really nice. If I had a dealer closer then 100's of miles away I would surely check them out. Where I live is more salt water then fresh so it sucks to live where I do when it comes to new boat shopping.
    it doesn’t get any more salty than where I live. On the beach in San Diego California, it’s horrible but I find a way to endure it. Lol
    I had a saltwater boat for 10 years. Expensive to own, operate and maintain. Not to mention the work involved. The older I got the less work I was willing to do, so now for salt water fishing I go on bigger sport fishing boats so all I do is fish. No real work involved. The freshwater set up is so much easier and a lot less cost to operate and way less work.

Exactly, that's why I mostly fish fresh water. Got tired of hosing of reels and gear. I just slide the boat into the garage when done and close the door.

17. Member
    This time last year there was a lot of hype on Venus .
    Vexus must be outa this world! lol
    "We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world."
    John Winger

Everyone says the boats are sexy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    Yea autocorrect swapped a word out for me , my bad for not prof reading .
    Great catch though �� shows your paying attention.

20. Banned
    Yea autocorrect swapped a word out for me , my bad for not prof reading .
    Great catch though �� shows your paying attention.
    *proof
    *you're

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast