Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Piedmont Tournament Trail - Tournament 8 - September 16 - Kerr Lake

Rescheduled to 9/23/2018 thanks to Flo

Date\Time: September 23rd, 2018. 6:30 AM - 1:00 PM
    Limit: 3 fish, 14" minimum
    Fee: $20 per boat; $5 Big Bass per angler OPTIONAL

We will blast of around 6:30 once we have safe light.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ANGLERS MUST PAY THE CLASSIC FEE THIS YEAR.

Must pay Classic fee prior to blast off.

Please review all RULES HERE before Sunday but here are a few changes as reminders.

An approved PFDs must be worn by every angler while the boat they occupy is on plane.
    Every angler must pay the $20 Classic fee for 2018.
    A 14" minimum size limit will apply to all fish.
    An optional $5 big bass fee will be collected from each angler wishing to compete for big bass.

If you need my cell number for anything please PM me with your name (what your mother gave you not what you use here) and your cell number and I'll reply with mine.
    Last edited by berudd; 09-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Member
    Bruce,

Can't make this one as I'm on call for work. ~ John

Everyone, I think that with the storm coming its best to postpone this tournament a week. We might all be busy with clean up work and other issues related to the storm.

So, we are rescheduling the tournament to 9/23/2018. All other details remain the same.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Banned
    See how events go after landfall. May connecting up with Mike Wilkerson go toward the coats with my boat to help out.

Flemingtown ramp will be underwater this weekend so we'll be going out of a different ramp. I'm going to do a little research and maybe make a call or two up there to better understand the conditions.

For those that know Kerr better than me, should we have any concerns about safety with the lake at these levels? I'm mostly worried about floaters and things of that nature.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I just learned that the PBC cancelled their tournament up there this weekend due to the predicted lake level of 312. Odds are I am going to do the same. I don't want to risk anyone's safety. I'm going to run out to Harris today and see how it looks. I think that's the only lake that has a change of being fishable right now.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

7. Banned
    Good choice Bruce. I'll make plans to be there. With the lake level at Kerr Lake hitting the predicted 312' mark due to the storm that will mean lots of Floaters on the lake. Only a few boat ramps would be available to use. Probably better to just cancel Tournament there. Harris might be safer all the way round. Ready to get rid of this Cabin Fever.
    Last edited by Heelman99; 09-19-2018 at 12:34 PM.

8. Banned
    So who is interested in transferring the Sept tournament from Kerr Lake to Sharon Harris. You should voice your opinion in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heelman99 View Post
    So who is interested in transferring the Sept tournament from Kerr Lake to Sharon Harris. You should voice your opinion in this matter.
    Just to set appropriate expectations with everyone, do feel free to express your opinion but if I think it's not safe to run Kerr (and that seems to be the case) we're not going to be fishing their this weekend.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Banned
    [QUOTE=berudd;9672308]Just to set appropriate expectations with everyone, do feel free to express your opinion but if I think it's not safe to run Kerr (and that seems to be the case) we're not going to be fishing their this weekend.[/QUOTE

At Kerr Lake it will be covered with floaters the further you go toward Clarksville, Va. with the rise in water level. Also at 312', as predicted by the Corps of Engineers, there isn't but a few boat ramps available for use at that water level. For me Sharon Harris, if the water level and debris condition is OK, would be a much better choice for the tournament.

11. Banned
    Did Speedy just ask to go to Harris?

"I'm coming Elizabeth!!!"

[QUOTE=Heelman99;9672394]
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Just to set appropriate expectations with everyone, do feel free to express your opinion but if I think it's not safe to run Kerr (and that seems to be the case) we're not going to be fishing their this weekend.[/QUOTE

At Kerr Lake it will be covered with floaters the further you go toward Clarksville, Va. with the rise in water level. Also at 312', as predicted by the Corps of Engineers, there isn't but a few boat ramps available for use at that water level. For me Sharon Harris, if the water level and debris condition is OK, would be a much better choice for the tournament.
    I tend to agree. Going to run to Harris after work and check it out.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I agree, Kerr probably wouldnt be a good choice at 312 (306 tough enough sometimes). I am planning on fishing Gaston this weekend, by law it is not allowed to flood so it should be fishable.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Stopped by the upper ramp today at Harris. The water is up but no problem launching.

15. Banned
    Yep Batman I did! Believe it or not. Its the lesser of two. So far doing it solo, come on and join me I'll need the company. Think I may just head over there in the morning to look see the lake myself.

Drove to Harris and it is higher than I think I have ever seen it but looks good. Surprisingly clear as well. So, we going to move there this Sunday. I'll post a new thread about it.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=932363
    Last edited by berudd; 09-19-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

17. Banned
    If the old upper ramp was still there we would have a gauge. I don't even remember when this was but it was a hurricane also. Those were the yellow hand rails at the end of the launch docks.

Attached Images Attached Images

18. Banned
    On the lake and all looks good except a couple floaters. All is good.

19. Member
    Bruce,

Probably going to have to bow out of the remaining tournaments this year. Came close to having my house flooded as I'm within 1/2 mile of the Cape Fear. So many trees still down in our neighborhood along with my work schedule it's just not possible for me to plan anything. Look forward to the spring Thanks ~ John

John, sorry to hear that but it is good that you only came close to getting flooded and it didn't happen. Hope you be back on the water soon.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast