X19 livewell plug size

So, I have a 2019 Xpress X19 and wanted to haul some fish this weekend and that's when I realized there were no livewell controls....duh......so I canvassed the livewell and there was no plug either. What? So, I guess this nice boat does not come with livewell controls and I need a plug, so does anyone know what size plug I need?

thank you!

jack

2. Member
    Recirculate should hold water in.

3. Member
    It doesn't have a recirculate switch as far as I can tell, unless they cleverly hid it. There are two manual/auto switches for the livewell pumps. The best I can tell is that I have to put a plug in, to keep the water in.

4. Member
    Mine is the same size plug that’s in the transom.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

5. Banned
    That's strange my 01 has the closed, open,recirculation and pump out valves. Along with the timed manual recirculation and aerator switches. I ordered it that way it was an add on at that time.But I thought that the x series would come standard with it by now. Maybe it only comes standard with the Tournament series?
    Last edited by pa.X19; 09-12-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    That's strange my 01 has the closed, open,recirculation and pump out valves. Along with the timed manual recirculation and aerator switches. I ordered it that way it was an add on at that time.But I thought that the x series would come standard with it by now. Maybe it only comes standard with the Tournament series?
    We order a 2006 X21TS and mind came with Flow Rite value system switch(recirculate, auto, and empty) for each live well next tor shifter. A timer switch for each live well on the dash.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

7. Member
    I have to plug my 2017 X19. Only gripe with my Xpress are the missing small things like this you don't think about being an option.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

8. Member
    All right. Glad to know I'm not crazy. Its pretty simple just to plug the livewell, but I would have thought it would have come with the controls. Thanks. jack

9. Member
    I plug my at the back of the boat on the right side .hit manual pump fill livewell full then put on auto .Turn recirculate will pump out .Works great .Dont have to run with water in livewell.Its been a while sence I had my Boat out .I think that’s the way I work the switches.

My 06 X19 has the little lever for open/close. Also has manual or auto fill on the switch with a timer for auto. I added the recirculating pump and put it on the accessories switch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    It turns out that on the 2019 X19, there are no specific livewell controls except the manual and automatic switches for the water flow. In order to close the livewell, you have to plug it with the same sized plug as the regular boat plug.

12. Member
    South of Baton Rouge but North of Plaquemine, LA
    My 2012 which TBOB now owns had the V3 valve shown in this https://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content...log-valves.pdf link along with the nozzle shown in this https://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content...ut-aerator.pdf pump out aerator valve. When you have the switch on recirc, and the head pushed in it recirculates. Push the head in and it pumps out through a fitting in the splash well.

13. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Don't know if it would work but years ago on another brand, I used a piece of 3/4 pipe cut off at the height I wanted the water in the livewell. Then just pull it out to drain.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

14. Member
    Use a lever plug and put a old float cull tag on it.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

I actually prefer this over the remote valve. I had so many issues with one in the Ranger, I had to carry a cork to plug the drain. The livewell drain was such an odd size that I could not find an actual plug for it. The littlest piece of debris would get caught in the rubber flapper in the valve and wouldn't let the well fill. The one in my old Champion was just the opposite and would stop up. The drain on the Xpress is wide open and is big enough to wash out anything that happens to get spit up, even big herring. I put the plug in as part of my prelaunch routine and pull it when I put it on the trailer. I use a 1 inch twist plug. I have considered using one of these.https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/floating-drain-plug
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

16. Member
    Resurrecting this old post. I have a new to me 2012 H18. I'm fixing it all up and was about to clean livewell out and realized it doesn't have a recirc, which is disappointing but I can workaround that

Main issue is can't find a plug that will stop up the drain. I just bought a new 1" and it's too small, but it fits perfectly in the transom. I don't know why they would have made the hole sizes different

does anyone know offhand if it's a 1 1/8th or 1.25" ?

Different subject , but also surprised to see there isn't a drain in the floor. I found the tiny holes behind the under seat storage based on another thread on here from 2012. Maybe it works fine, but seems really odd way to drain water for it to have to go completely around the seats and in these holes

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea FC View Post
    Resurrecting this old post. I have a new to me 2012 H18. I'm fixing it all up and was about to clean livewell out and realized it doesn't have a recirc, which is disappointing but I can workaround that

Main issue is can't find a plug that will stop up the drain. I just bought a new 1" and it's too small, but it fits perfectly in the transom. I don't know why they would have made the hole sizes different

does anyone know offhand if it's a 1 1/8th or 1.25" ?

Different subject , but also surprised to see there isn't a drain in the floor. I found the tiny holes behind the under seat storage based on another thread on here from 2012. Maybe it works fine, but seems really odd way to drain water for it to have to go completely around the seats and in these holes
    Yes it is 1 1/8". My Crestliner is the same size. Got mine from TH Marine a few years ago. It is just a push in style plug, not a lever style. Looks like part# PP-118.
    Last edited by alanhore; 05-02-2021 at 08:20 PM.

18. Member
    Thanks Alan, I bought one of the ones you were talking about and it doesn't fit. It will just fall out. I also bought a 1 1/4" one and it's too big. This thing has become very frustrating

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    I have to plug my 2017 X19. Only gripe with my Xpress are the missing small things like this you don't think about being an option.
    MIne is a 2020 X19. Has manual plug also.

20. Member
    Had 2001 X54 with the lever on the side, 2012 X17 that you had to plug and now 2021 X18 with the Flowrite lever. Never understood why they would change from year to year. I used the same size plug that fit the transom drain to plug the livewell om my 2012 model.