Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nuked Products Lithium batteies

Anyone have any experience, opinions or reviews of the Nuked Products lithium batteries?

Wow, no one on this board running Nuked Batteries? They are dual purpose Lithium's they will work as trolling motor batteries or as a starting battery and you don't need a special charger for them. That is really appealing.

3. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    With the many reported Lithium technology cells going into a white hot meltdown, it is an unusual company name choice. It is also kind of interesting how they print so big the disclaimer from all Liabilities on the cover of every one of their cases. And across their web site there is no physical address where to find them or any individual's name if one needed to find out who they are.

Wonder if they have the resources and know how to manufacture a Lithium battery cell? Or are they buying them and simply putting them together in a case with their label?

Let us know if a couple years how appealing they are and if they work out for you.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 09-12-2018 at 11:08 PM.

4. Member
    They are all just buying the cells from overseas and putting them together

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    They are all just buying the cells from overseas and putting them together
    yep
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    With the many reported Lithium technology cells going into a white hot meltdown, it is an unusual company name choice. It is also kind of interesting how they print so big the disclaimer from all Liabilities on the cover of every one of their cases. And across their web site there is no physical address where to find them or any individual's name if one needed to find out who they are.

Wonder if they have the resources and know how to manufacture a Lithium battery cell? Or are they buying them and simply putting them together in a case with their label?

Let us know if a couple years how appealing they are and if they work out for you.
    Always a ray of sunshine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Always a ray of sunshine.
    There is some reasoning why only ~24 months time period was suggested for the OP..... or for that matter, anyone considering investing in current Lithium Iron Phosphate marine battery technology.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 09-13-2018 at 09:47 PM.

There is some reasoning why only ~24 months time period was suggested for the OP..... or for that matter, anyone considering investing in current Lithium Iron Phosphate marine battery technology.
    I asked here in hopes to get some insight because I am looking. I do appreciate your input. Its because of special people like you that this web site works............
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-14-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Yes, so I sent them a email the other day and they got back with me with 5 questions I asked them. I went to facebook and found all three of those young guys on their web page and sent them messages asking them about the batteries. NONE of them have responded and it been at least 5 days. I sent them a message on their web page yesterday telling them the 3 fellas on their web don't endorse their product. I also asked them where they were located and if the Batteries were assembled at that location. Haven't heard back from them. One person on BBC claims he and his dad have had them for a year now and they are legit. I think I will steer clear of them. Just wanted to update anyone else on what I have learned.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-15-2018 at 07:04 AM.

10. Member
    Nice job of doing a little investigation work exposing the weak support structure of yet another Lithium startup.

The giant traditional lead acid manufacturers having chosen to steer clear of the technology are leaving the door open for such startup companies to jump in with very little investment and make a few quick sales, until the door closes on Lithiums.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 09-14-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Nice job of doing a little investigation work exposing the weak support structure of yet another Lithium startup.

The giant traditional lead acid manufacturers having chosen to steer clear of the technology are leaving the door open for such startup companies to jump in with very little investment and make a few quick sales, until the door closes on Lithiums.
    Do I take it from this that you believe the Lithiums are not here to stay in the marine industry ?

12. Joe4d
    Newer tech already out that is probably gonna make these obsolete soon. As these startups get more out there and assuming no issues rise up you will see a big player get involved. If they are safe and viable long term, you will see prices plummet. My new boat has Lead acids, hoping to get several years out of them, will see what happens when it comes time to replace.

13. Member
    .....you believe the Lithiums are not here to stay in the marine industry ?
    Yes, expecting that we will not be considering Lithiums much longer for our marine use. Big players have been skipping Lithiums and instead making huge investments in other battery technologies to get such products onto the market as early as in a couple years. Expected to have much higher outputs per battery size and weight, faster charging, lower costs and no Lithium safety risk.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 09-15-2018 at 02:07 PM.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So what is the new technology???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Joe4d
    Maybe eventually Car tech will trickle down. How many bass boaters would be happy with 2 hours of 150 Hp run time ? But the trade off ? No outboard. Just a DC motor, and a car battery pack down your center line.

16. Member
    Solid State may hit the existing marine battery market the earliest.

17. Member
    Remember the Johnny Cash song Bad News, "Bad News travels like wildfire, Good News travels slow".

18. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Solid State may hit the existing marine battery market the earliest.
    This may be true but it probably will not happen in my lifetime...(yes I am an old fart)...

There are so many scalability issues and manufacturing issues associated with solid state technology that we are not likely to see it come to market in the next 5 to 10 years. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy my lithium batteries and when it comes time to replace them, we'll see what options exists.

Lithium is here to stay for a good long time...

PS - check out this excellent video on Solid State technology....most importantly pay attention to the "estimated dates to market"....not going to hold my breath that long <LOL>

Last edited by rbarrow; 09-16-2018 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added video

19. Joe4d
    Well yes to the lithium part, but not as it is now. New compounds are being developed.

Interesting video but, I will be retired by the time that tech trickles down to the Bass fishing industry. The dates some major players like Toyota, Dyson, Honda, etc....... plan to have the first one available is 2025 and 2030. Think I am gonna go with lithium. Unless someone else can post a more convincing video.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast