Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decided to go with RELION. Shout out to (Josh Bussell) Hunter689. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and helping me decide. Battle Born ran a very close second but, I emailed them and asked them if they had plans to produce and sell a starting battery and they said no. That was what separated them from RELION. I do plan of buying a starting battery in the future. RELION has a 3 year warranty and pro rated for 2 after that so, 5 years total. I searched them here and they had for the most part favorable views for their warranty service.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-18-2018 at 02:14 PM.

2. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Decided to go with RELION. Shout out to (Josh Bussell) Hunter689. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and helping me decide. Battle Born ran a very close second but, I emailed them and asked them if they had plans to produce and sell a starting battery and they said no. That was what separated them from RELION. I do plan of buying a starting battery in the future. RELION has a 3 year warranty and pro rated for 2 after that so, 5 years total. I searched them here and they had for the most part favorable views for their warranty service.

Glad I could help!!
    Thanks again and enjoy!

I received the new lithium batteries last week. I haven't been able to go fish until today. I used them with the charge they came with. My understanding was they would arrive only charged to about 75%. I checked them and there was 13.22 volts on each battery. Anyhow, I launched at daylight and fished till 4 this afternoon. They never faded and the motor seems to be stronger than before. I think that the lithium's hold more volts is why the motor seems stronger. Just to recap I purchased two 12 volt 50ah batteries wired them in series to make 24 volts for my 80# thrust Minn Kota fortrex. Didn't fish any heavy wind or current but, I am impressed with the 50ah batteries.

I checked the lithium's when I got home and they are both at 12.90.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 09-30-2018 at 06:00 PM.

4. Member
    Could you tell anything about how the boat liked the weight reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Could you tell anything about how the boat liked the weight reduction?
    Yes I picked some speed and RPM. The speed increase wasn't much only 1-2 mph but, I gained close to 300 rpm up top. I knew I need a bigger prop the 26 wasn't enough but, wasn't sure I could turn a 28. Now I know I can turn 28 to at least 5900 rpm. I am running a 1.62 ratio gearcase. I removed 106 pounds of batteries but going Lithium for just the trollers. I plan to replace my 31 agm starting battery after X-mas. That will be another 38 pounds and going to Terrova 45" 80# thrust from a Heavy 54" 80# Fortrex that should be another 30 pounds. I am trying to lose as much weigh as I can. It was killing my topend. It also has a lot to do with where the weight was removed from. But, very satisfied so far.

Keep in mind this is a Allison and not a regular bass boat. It is light only weighs 1000#'s and is 20' long. She is very weight sensitive and I have her loaded beyond what it was designed to be. Motor is not supposed to be heavier than 440 pounds. I have a 225 Pro XS at 505 pounds and Twin Powerpoles total weight with adapter plates 80 pounds. I was running 3 31 series batteries at 68 pounds each for 204 pounds of batteries. It was designed to run two 27 series batteries and the starter was supposed to double as the second trolling battery. She was way over loaded weight wise and it has affected the top end speed.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 10-01-2018 at 08:51 AM.

6. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I received the new lithium batteries last week. I haven't been able to go fish until today. I used them with the charge they came with. My understanding was they would arrive only charged to about 75%. I checked them and there was 13.22 volts on each battery. Anyhow, I launched at daylight and fished till 4 this afternoon. They never faded and the motor seems to be stronger than before. I think that the lithium's hold more volts is why the motor seems stronger. Just to recap I purchased two 12 volt 50ah batteries wired them in series to make 24 volts for my 80# thrust Minn Kota fortrex. Didn't fish any heavy wind or current but, I am impressed with the 50ah batteries.

I checked the lithium's when I got home and they are both at 12.90.
    Glad to hear the results. It looks like they were able to get them fully charged for you if they were at 13.22v each.

Thanks again!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Always a ray of sunshine.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    Glad to hear the results. It looks like they were able to get them fully charged for you if they were at 13.22v each.

Thanks again!
    I was told by Mark at Relion that fully charged they would be 13.45 or higher. The batteries being at 13.22 would mean they were closer to 75-80% charged.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post

Thanks again!
    Looks like you are correct. Once I charged them they were 13.22 volts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12