Poison tail bait keeper

Has anyone modified their poison tail mold to accept a screw lock bait keeper?

2. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    Might try these. https://m.ebay.com/itm/Freshwater-Bu...MAAOSw4A5Yxb5H

rtv silicone, marker and a dremel will do it.
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

3. Member
    Close to what I'm looking for. As far as the silicone goes. Just fill in the bait keeper section and Dremel out spot for screw lock?

I use a bullet nose jighead for my swim jigs and was fooling around trying to make a keeper that I liked. I made some screw-lock types. But, they were a PITA to rig the trailer because the weedguard kept getting in the way. So, I made one like the Hack Attack Swim Jigs use.
    You can kind of see it in the pic above. It's just a wire that comes out of the jig collar and runs parallel to the hook. It has and upward more than 90 degree bend at the end. Those work great. So far, I have just tied them to the collar with jig tying thread instead of modifying my mold. One additional trick I use seems to help a lot. Once I bury end of the wire in the trailer, I run a round toothpick through the trailer so it sits in the more than 90 degree bend of the keeper. This spreads out the pressure across the width of the entire trailer, resulting in less tearing of the trailer...just like we used to run a toothpick through a plastic chunk and then run the jig hook behind the toothpick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I also don't bend the end of the keeper until I install the skirt. That way, I can put the skirt on over top of the keeper.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments