Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Battery Tray Project and Repairs

did a little clean up today, removed all my pumps, replaced one, gave the bilge a bubble bath, and built me a new battery tray for my lithium's, used a piece of 1/2" rubber under the battery's, and 1/2" starboard to make the tray and a little stainless hardware, tightened it all up and made room, moved my big battery and both PP pumps off the plate and made room for a prop, installed a temporary 1 bank charger for cranking bat, still waiting on my PS4 to come back from dual pro all set up for 4 lithium s, going to use single charger for cranking until a swap it out after first of the year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    What's underneath the batteries?

Awesome install

Neat deal !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Nice clean look! I should clean mine out too.
    Need to know how those lithiums work out.

5. Member
    You have been a busy lad. I'm a critical guy around electric design and execution, I hope you don't mind. I suggest you construct a top for your batteries with dividers to fit between them. The idea of a single strap across the top is convenient but if the batteries shift the strap will be loose and that type of a strap relies on the tension of the clip to keep it secure. I see you built the bottom, which I have done also. If there are dividers the tops will resist being pulled together. I'm not completely sure one strap for three batteries will meet Coast Guard specifications.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassHog007 View Post
    What's underneath the batteries?

Awesome install
    its 1/2" industrial grade rubber, did that for added protection for the lithium's.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You have been a busy lad. I'm a critical guy around electric design and execution, I hope you don't mind. I suggest you construct a top for your batteries with dividers to fit between them. The idea of a single strap across the top is convenient but if the batteries shift the strap will be loose and that type of a strap relies on the tension of the clip to keep it secure. I see you built the bottom, which I have done also. If there are dividers the tops will resist being pulled together. I'm not completely sure one strap for three batteries will meet Coast Guard specifications.
    work in progress, waiting on charger to be programmed , got a tournament Saturday pending hurricane Florence then its all coming back out for some more work.
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks good!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Banned
    Well done

Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

11. Member
    Nice Drew, looks good! I saw somewhere years ago, to throw a bar of soap back there and let it kind of clean itself automatically. Not sure if it hurts anything, but I throw one in every year.
    2011 Phoenix 719 ProXP/225 ProXS

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
    Nice Drew, looks good! I saw somewhere years ago, to throw a bar of soap back there and let it kind of clean itself automatically. Not sure if it hurts anything, but I throw one in every year.
    I heard that also and thought about trying it, it would also help if I didn't forget to remove the drain plug after fishing in the rain
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I heard that also and thought about trying it, it would also help if I didn't forget to remove the drain plug after fishing in the rain
    I throw a bar of lava soap in my ranger ever now and then. It seems to keep everything a little cleaner down there.

Drew did you add a second bilge pump or do all have two? Never opened mine up and don't want to unless a pump fails. I'll do the Lava soap though since my Opti engine mounted oil tank leaked last year bilge could use a cleaning.

15. Member
    The 9 series boats have 2 pumps from the factory, others only have one unless ordered with a second

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The 9 series boats have 2 pumps from the factory, others only have one unless ordered with a second
    Thanks, 721 so I have one.

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    What kry29 said is correct, only the 9s and now the PHX also. was happy to have the second one. they said it rained over 3" an hour during a night tournament on Sheron Harris. and my main pump went out, it rained so hard that the auto bilge stayed on for almost an hour only cutting off for a couple of minutes at a time
    info@drewcraft.com

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    Thanks, 721 so I have one.
    721's come with one. I ordered mine with a 2nd. I then re-piped with hoses independent of each other. Two pumps working on the same outlet with a wye connector will (with one pump on) re-circulate thru the pump that isn't running. You will still move water out but slowly. It helped mine tremendously.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

19. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    ok guys back on the Project had a little delay due the a visit from Florence but we are back on track now. there was some question about the battery strap, that was temporary due to having a tournament to fish, well it was cancelled due to the lakes being 19ft high

here is where im at with it now
    also made me some new custom 4 awg tined battery cables with the right eyelets
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by cde21 View Post
    A bar of soap will work but will also get caught under the auto bilge pump switch. I just use A few squirts of Dawn.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast