1995 merc xri 150 lync and sync questions

1995 mercury xri 150 (0G144642)
    Couple questions on the lync and sync procedure.
    First, my manual says that if my motor is equipped with a "idle stabilizer shift kit" to retard timing by 3 degrees. Does this motor have an idle stabilizer shift kit? And if so, does retarding the timing mean that if I'm supposed to set at 20 degrees btdc, I "retard" the timing and set it at 17 degrees btdc?
    Also, I understand to remove all plugs except cylinder 1. How to I ground the 5 unconnected spark plugs?

2. Member
    Also, does the "neutral sensor" on the shift linkage located just below the throttle linkage have anything to do with the idle stabilizer? My manual shows a picture of it but it's unclear if it's part of the idle stabilizer or not

3. Member
    yes works in conjunction with stabilizer module, altering timming when shift engaged
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    yes works in conjunction with stabilizer module, altering timming when shift engaged
    So if the white and black lead from the "shift sensor" that works in conjunction with the idle stabilizer module is unplugged, does that mean my idle stabilizer function as a whole is disconnected? I bought the boat and that white and black lead was already disconnected, so I left it that way because I wasn't sure how the timing was setup. With or without the idle stabilizer being connected at the end of timing setup.

5. Member
    Anybody?

6. Member
    no , make sure no other wht /blc leads are connected to either switchboxes, follow leads from idle mod to switchboxes make sure both red wht strp and wht black are not connected should only be a jumper from back box to front box
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    no , make sure no other wht /blc leads are connected to either switchboxes, follow leads from idle mod to switchboxes make sure both red wht strp and wht black are not connected should only be a jumper from back box to front box
    Ok. So what should I set the timing at if I were to keep the idle modules. And what would I set at if I were to remove the modules?

8. Member
    both cranking speed 22 stabilizer disconnected to set /150has no advance module for high speed only idle