Thread: COOSA RIVER

COOSA RIVER

Hey guys, I’m from Indiana and really wanting to go fish the Coosa for some big spots. I know very little about it. I’ve fished gville eufaula millers ferry but never been anywhere around the Coosa. Could someone give me some insight!? I was thinking either in December or around late March early April. I would appreciate any help as to what to look for or when the best time to go is? Thanks I’m advance!

2. Member
    Ditch the coosa and go to warrior river and fish bankhead and holt.

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Shakey Heads and jigs. Winter time can be a hit and miss time but you can still catch the Spots year round.
    If you come in March, try any type lipless crankbaits in a orange or red color. Spots will feast on those thinking they are crawfish.
    Neely Henry down past Logan Martin into Lay Lake. Three lakes on the Coosa chain but all fish differant. Lay Lake has a lot more grass, Henry has more deep ledges and Logan Martin has more docks.
    I find fishing all three very enjoyable and find that each offers its unique style.
    I think the bigger Spots may lie in Neely Henry, more Spots in Logan Martin and Lay can offer you a well rounded mix of Largemouths to Spots.

4. Member
    PM sent

5. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Weiss Lake. Make sure you have a good map, and watch out when out of the channel markers.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

6. Member
    If you are coming from that far, check out Carters Lake (site of the BASS brackett fish off in October) in NW Georgia. Bigger spots there than anywhere on the Coosa River. Go to Facebook and do a search for Louie Bartenfield. He is a full time guide around here. You won't be disappointed.

7. U.S. Air Force Retired Alinal's Avatar
    If you're looking for magnum spots come in December and fish Lake Jordan. I caught my PB there on December 22, 2016 (6lbs, 3oz). If you're looking for plenty of numbers, then come in March. PM me if you need more info. Good luck.
    2017 Ranger Z518
    2017 Mercury 150 Opti ProXS
    Maxxum 80#
    Humminbird Helix(s)

8. Dogfish_Jones
    As you can read on this thread, the Coosa River has a good line of lakes that you can fish and have a good time doing it. From Lake Weiss on down toward Montgomery, Al. you can pick and choose what lake you want to go after them Spots.