Thread: Etech trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Etech trim

My motor kinda bounces when you trim it down until it gets to the slow trim. I raised my manual jack plate an inch an a half. I don’t remember it doing it before. It’s a 250 g1.any ideas? Thanks

Does it do it while just sitting still at idle? They are known to do it if you are under way going at slow speeds but it should not do it if just sitting at idle. I forgot what it's called but the pro's will be along shortly to tel you what to tighten on the steering arms.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Tighten the big tilt tube nut on the starboard side.

4. Member
    Thanks I’ll take a look tomorrow.

5. Member
    Ya it does it at idle more so than sitting still but I think I noticed it a little while sitting still.

6. Member
    Tighten the big tilt tube nut on the starboard side, would have never believed this would solve this shaking problem, when trimming down ...Bassmeister,I owe you one .tried to figure this out for months..Thank You very much....

7. Member
    mine has done it since new--tightened nut to specs and bleed out the hydraulics and nothing changed? lower off top ram before underway and it will not do it
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Member
    Mine does this as well. Does this fix work on a Ficht? I’ll have to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBengal View Post
    Mine does this as well. Does this fix work on a Ficht? I’ll have to give it a try.
    Yes it works but like above said, not always and sometimes it the nature of the beast. If sitting still at idle and trimming down it wants to jump then tightening the nut will likely work. It's while under way going slow at around 1000+ RPMs they want to jump and there's nothing you can do about it.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

10. Member
    I’m not sure what to tighten? I need me directions please and thank you

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Starboard side below the lower pans where the motor pivots up and down. If you have cable steering, its where one of the cables goes thru .

12. Member
    Hydraulic steering it’s a 250 etech

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    It's on the pivot point of the outboard just below the cylinder starboard side....1-1/4 I believe

14. Member
    Ok I think I see it. There is also a couple grease fittings for this pivot point. I’ll give it a shot thanks for the advice

15. Member
    I found the nut but. But I haven’t found a wrench to fit it yet or a way to get a wrench on it. I’m assuming you need to disassemble some of the steering piston. I may have a socket that will fit. I wish just greasing it would take care of it.

16. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    It is a challenge, sometimes you have to work within the hull of the boat or sometimes outside the boat......It MUST be tight.

17. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The nut is indeed 1 1/4", you may be able to use a pair of large channel lock pliers on it.

You can also use a 1/2" drive crows-foot wrench
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    You can also use a 1/2" drive crows-foot wrench
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into them. I’ve seen them before but have never used them

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gldjerkbaitnh View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into them. I’ve seen them before but have never used them
    Yeah his Snap On budget is slightly higher than mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast