Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentfab1 View Post
    Thank you for the answers everyone. Im.not sure this will be the right rig for me. After looking closer at the pics I recieved the bottom of the hull towards the rear has several spots where it's been poorly patched, and he claims the previous owner had the powerhead replaced because of a miss. He has the paperwork for the powerhead but couldn't tell me if there's any warranty of when it was done. He also said he's only had the boat for a couple months, to me there's to much grey area for me to feel comfortable.
    Good call.

Thank you for the answers everyone. Im.not sure this will be the right rig for me. After looking closer at the pics I recieved the bottom of the hull towards the rear has several spots where it's been poorly patched, and he claims the previous owner had the powerhead replaced because of a miss. He has the paperwork for the powerhead but couldn't tell me if there's any warranty of when it was done. He also said he's only had the boat for a couple months, to me there's to much grey area for me to feel comfortable.
    Yeah I would stay away from that one too. Keep looking and I am sure you will find a Charger that you want.
    Charger 210 Elite

3. Member
    This is interesting. This does look like the boat that was for sale in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. If that’s the case, this seller didn’t have it long and something is probably messed up. I’d steer clear

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The reason for selling has to do with the person not the boat.He went to Iowa liked the boat so he bought it he does not love the color combo so he is selling and looking at another one to buy.At 15,500 it’s basically a steal for a 06 .Yes it has some flaws ,chips here and there on the hull , but nothing that can’t be fixed pretty easily Seat will need to be recovered down the road but still very usable.looking at prices of boats guys are wanting 15 grand for 2000 range boats .

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Duplicate

6. Member
    Basscat tyler, Pro hunt, and Barbian. You are beating me down here. I have owned the boat 2 mths and it is the one from cedar rapids. There is no problems with the boat that I know of. I have sent many photos of the boat to him. I have all the paperwork the previous owner on the powerhead work. I will send photos of all the paperwork to anyone interested in the boat. The boat does have some rock chips on the bottom. I tryed to get pics of all of them for him.

7. Member
    Chargerbass02 - sorry, but I was going strictly off of Bentfab's own opinion and description. I didn't even see Touch of Class post about the price and story of boat. It is price right though and shouldn't have a hard time selling.

8. Member
    Not trying to beat you down. The potential buyer obviously has some concerns about buying the boat. If he’s going into it not feeling 100% he’ll always question himself about it.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerbass02 View Post
    Basscat tyler, Pro hunt, and Barbian. You are beating me down here. I have owned the boat 2 mths and it is the one from cedar rapids. There is no problems with the boat that I know of. I have sent many photos of the boat to him. I have all the paperwork the previous owner on the powerhead work. I will send photos of all the paperwork to anyone interested in the boat. The boat does have some rock chips on the bottom. I tryed to get pics of all of them for him.

I want to give you a “Bravo” for being honest about the hull condition. Nothing worse than driving a long ways to look at a boat, only to have had the seller lie to you.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I guess what it boils down to it’s a USED boat not a NEW boat your saving 40 grand.

11. Member
    I could not agree more GROUT-SCOUT. I have been to look at many boats only to turn around and leave without a boat. I have always tryed to tell everything about the items I am selling.

I was not trying to 'beat you down'. By the description given I said I would pass on the boat if it were me. I did not say everyone should pass on it. The man basically said he felt uneasy about it and to me that means move on to something else. I have turned down buying cars/trucks just because I got an uneasy feeling about them for some reason.

Unfortunately you kind of put yourself in a bad spot by buying a boat you didn't really like and then wanting to sell in a couple months. To most people that is a red flag wether there is anything wrong with the boat or not.

You do seem to have it priced pretty good so I would think another buyer should come around sooner rather than later. Until then you can use it and enjoy being out on the water fishing.
    Charger 210 Elite

13. Member
    It would have sold if you were asking $20k!! LOL!!

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Selling boats happens every day on here there’s guys that buy a boat and flip it the next week for profit and than look at all the pro staff guys on here heck before it’s even delivered it’s already listed for sale .

15. Member
    I apologize if the owner thinks I was beating him up, not intentionally the case. To be honest I was truly interested in the boat but didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling. Yes he did send me pictures and I appreciated it. My issues came when I asked questions " is there any warranty on the powerhead response was should be covered by Mercury" not real informative and seemed like it was my job to figure it out. I asked about the chips and his response was the previous owner put some white epoxy on it. Also said he was being relocated for work not because he wanted different colors.
    Now if he would've came across a little different his boat wouldn't be for sale ang longer as I would've wired him money. It could've been as simple as "im not sure on the warranty but I've got the paperwork I'll send you a pic of it to read the details. When I generally asked about gouges and stress cracks he sent me the pic of the splashwell/ transom area. I noticed the transom had a corner cover that looked like it was shifted exposing the transom and I was curious as possibly a water intrusion area, the little stress crack didn't bother me at all. If he would've said that there were some small chips underneath that were covered in epoxy and sent a closer pic I'd probably be okay with it, he sent me pics of the keel (both sides) looked great btw.
    Just my 2 cents a little more upfront info and I would've owned it.
    Thanks Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    The reason for selling has to do with the person not the boat.He went to Iowa liked the boat so he bought it he does not love the color combo so he is selling and looking at another one to buy.At 15,500 it’s basically a steal for a 06 .Yes it has some flaws ,chips here and there on the hull , but nothing that can’t be fixed pretty easily Seat will need to be recovered down the road but still very usable.looking at prices of boats guys are wanting 15 grand for 2000 range boats .

$15K is pretty Reasonable------------------------- I would want that for my 2001 496

$15K is pretty Reasonable------------------------- I would want that for my 2001 496

Yes - that is correct. Everyone wants a new boat for used boat prices. There are not many boats from the 2000's with 30 hours on them.

I guess what it boils down to it’s a USED boat not a NEW boat your saving 40 grand.

Y'all know how I feel about 396's, owned one, would never recommend one. Charger makes some damn fine boats but the 396 ain't one of them.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Y'all know how I feel about 396's, owned one, would never recommend one. Charger makes some damn fine boats but the 396 ain't one of them.

You going to get in trouble

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast