Port Bay .....how is it now?

I have not fished there in 4 or 5 years and the last time it was pretty poor. The weeds were gone and it was like a mud hole which was very very disappointing I used to love fishing there it was a great fishery. I heard last year that much of the north end lake barrier had been washed away during the Lake Ontario floods. I am going there in two weeks so I was just wondering what to expect reagrding the bays conditions, weeds and water and the openness to lake conditions if the barrier is washed out?

2. Member
    Usually go in mid October.. last few yrs . There are weeds and some scum pads that you can frog too. Last year the salmon run was on in the bay , I caught 2 and crankbaits .. both about 15# .. good luck and let me know how you do..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

3. Member
    The barrier is back up, so it will block any conditions from the lake. Water was pretty murky 2-3ft visibility. I was there fishing a few weeks ago, weeds didn't seem the same. Mainly focused on docks and some of the weed edges around the bay. Got a couple 3's and a 4.5, and several other 1's and 2's.

4. Member
    Thank you, this info is very helpful, our club voted Port Bay in as the place for our top ten classic, I am the tournament director and having not been there in years I wanted to make sure conditions were ok at the bay.