Thread: Abu reels

Abu reels

How is the alx , mgx2 reels ? I have always been curious on how these reels perform...

2. Member
    I am a die hard Revo user. I started out with Revo Premier Gen 1 and to this day I still love my Revos. I currently have (2) Revo Premier Gen 1 which I now use for shore fishing. I also have (6) Revo MGX2 reels and (2) Revo MGXtreme reels which I keep in my boat. I have nothing bad to say about any of these reels. The Premiers, cast much better with new bearings versus stock. The Revo MGX's cast just fine with stock bearings, however I would recommend cleaning the entire reel. Since I bought some new and some used, the bearings cast much better if they are cleaned and re-oiled, along with taking out all the extra grease, that the factory puts in. If you're buying new, fish the reel like you stole it. Then at the end of the season, either clean the entire reel yourself, or send it out to get cleaned. The Revo MGXtreme reels are a very good reel in my opinion. It is from the MGX platform, except, better bearings and red color accents. I cannot give you any info on the ALX, because I have never used one. If you need more info or have more questions, I would be more than willing to talk to you about them. You can PM me as well. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Thankyou for all the great info . I will pm you