Thread: 4Beep..........

4Beep..........

Moved from another thread......

Hello all, I am new to BBC and new to Mercury outboards. The boat I bought 2nd hand had about 80-90 hours on it. Motor is in really new condition and has run perfectly since I have had it. I now have 128 hours on it and the last trip I took I ran into the 4beep alarm. The remote oil tank was very low and the engine went into guardian mode for the last 1/2 mile of the run to the marina. I purchased some Pennzoil premium plus, as this is what the previous owner was running and filled the remote tank. I am assuming that I got air in the system because the 4beep alarm did not clear. I searched this site and found this thread and just finished draining the remote tank of the "blue" oil and refilled it with the "brown" oil that should be in there. I started the motor and bled the engine reservoir until full according to the suggested procedure here. The problem is the 4beep alarm is still coming on. I checked the fittings on the remote tank and all are snug. The small reservoir on the motor filled in less than 2 minutes, so I didn't think that an air leak was an issue. So is my next step an authorized mercury shop? Or, is there something I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

2011 Mercury 150 Optimax
    Ser. 1B864756
    Model 1150D83HY
    Thanks,
    Crocket

2. Member
    If it was an oil problem i believe you would have a continues beep. When mine did the four beep thing it was because a little stick got caught in the thermostat and wouldnt let it open. Was a real quick easy fix for me
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

3. Member
    You can guess at the dozens of things that might cause the 4 beep alarm or know for certain - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    It was the sensor inside the tank. Replaced the tank and it good now.
    Thanks for the help.