Spraying in the Monkey box friday

I can't believe with all the shouting about the water in the big O, the spraying hasn't slowed down. A lot of the areas are still wrecked from the storm. you would think allowing a grass line to grow would be a good thing! I was only in this area so I can't speak about the north sides or south down by Reta.
    2014 Z119c
    225 Pro X\S
    Lowrance
    Powerpoles

2. Member
    They were just spraying it last winter when I was there... I think I am skipping the big "O" this winter and will stay at Kissimmee the entire trip.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
    They were just spraying it last winter when I was there... I think I am skipping the big "O" this winter and will stay at Kissimmee the entire trip.
    There might not be much left at Kissimmee by the time you get down here. They have not neglected it with the poison boats. Been at it since early April

4. GTB
    Was at the lake this weekend and saw a crop duster 50' off the water down south. Damn thing buzzed right over us, and a helicopter with spray arms on a trailer.

5. Member
    + 2 what kadas said..

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    They’re spraying THAT aggressively even with the lake as high as it is? Are they spraying hydrilla patches out in the lake or are they spraying any weed they see?

I stopped fishing Kissimmee right after the drawdown & drought when they came in and scraped up all the gunk to give the bass and other fish good hard spawning grounds. From the tournament results and what I read I really want to get back to learning the lake since it sounds like it’s doing so well....I pray the powers that be don’t destroy this lake and chain again!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    There might not be much left at Kissimmee by the time you get down here. They have not neglected it with the poison boats. Been at it since early April
    Unbelievable, it was already fishing small when I left last spring in April. Really sad.

8. Member
    There are a host of spray boats on Okeechobee EVERYDAY, even with the high water. They use different ramps depending on the area they are working. I have seen as many as seven or eight of them at Harney Pond more than once

9. GTB
    I was on the lake Sat. and a spray plane was 100 ' off the water

10. Member
    I commented on a FB about the need to stop the Spraying and a guy that profile said he was a former Biologist for the FWC posted telling me why it was necessary and how the Spray Contractors get paid by the Hour and not by how much they spray. I replied to him that if they were paid by the hour wouldn't them staying out to spray longer also be causing over spraying, since the longer they stay out the more they made. He replied they wouldn't do that or something of the like.

Then I brought up Lake Woodruff and how it was and how it is now and he disappeared. Wouldn't answer anymore.

11. Member
    Was in the box yesterday. A big nasty slimy mess. Not a blade of eel grass anywhere. Even the little bit of hydrilla that was in Harney is no longer. Crazy how the state pays for this to happen yet doesn’t pay any attention to the after affects or it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kgfishing View Post
    Was in the box yesterday. A big nasty slimy mess. Not a blade of eel grass anywhere. Even the little bit of hydrilla that was in Harney is no longer. Crazy how the state pays for this to happen yet doesn’t pay any attention to the after affects or it.
    I was out there as well and the smell and slime in the monkey box was unreal. We launched out of Harney on 78. 3 dinks is all we could come up with.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!