Jackplate question?

I have a 2017 21xrd with a 250 pro xs on a 14in hydrodinamics plate. Just noticed when looking from the back the part of the plate that's slides is 3/16 higher on the right side. Loosened the bolts shook the motor still the same. Raised the motor a couple clicks thinking it would straighten up but no good. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Frogger55; 09-09-2018 at 12:09 PM.

2. Banned
    Check to make sure everything is the same port to starboard... Is the engine mounted in the same holes on both side, is the jack plate mounted even with the transom cap???... Are all the bolts the same size???... Gotta be something obvious... Dan

You may have to loosen all the bolts to move the plate freely up and down a good distance to make it level again....that’s how my first one was.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    You may have to loosen all the bolts to move the plate freely up and down a good distance to make it level again....that’s how my first one was.
    Thanks man. Is it probably because of the cable?

5. Member
    Call Hydrodynamics, they will walk you through it

6. Member
    I talked with Tim Powell and he got me with Steve Glenn at Hydrodinamics. They did all they could to help. Both great people to talk and deal with. That's hard to to find these days.
    Last edited by Frogger55; 09-12-2018 at 07:23 PM.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger55 View Post
    I talked with Tim Powell and he got me with Steve Glenn at Hydrodinamics. They did all they could to help. Both great people to talk and deal with. That's hard to to find these days.
    Thank You! Glad we could help!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

8. Member
    Yes they are, they helped me with mine, Steve walked me through it over the phone, greatguy!!