good morning,

at idle, quietest motor I have ever owned, just saying,

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

2. Member
    + 1

3. Member
    Have to watch it or you will try to start it while it's running. Don't ask me how I know.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

4. Banned
    My 150hp is also super quiet as well as the 60hp I used to own, as much as I like the sound of a rowdy outboard the quietness I feel has its advantages when fishing and communication with partner while running.

5. Member
    Every time I ride in my buddy's Nitro with a Pro XS 250, all I can think is..."holy shit this thing sounds like a stock car".
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Every time I ride in my buddy's Nitro with a Pro XS 250, all I can think is..."holy shit this thing sounds like a stock car".
    The V8s do sound good and the pro XS version has a louder exhaust than the standard 4-stroke version, was wondering if that applies to the 175hp v6 pro XS?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    The V8s do sound good and the pro XS version has a louder exhaust than the standard 4-stroke version, was wondering if that applies to the 175hp v6 pro XS?
    Configuration is virtually identical, overall (two less cylinders, then model specific differences). Very similar sound.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet2 View Post
    good morning,

at idle, quietest motor I have ever owned, just saying,

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

Totally agree!!
    2017 Triton TRX 179
    Mercury 115 Pro XS CT (Hyrdraulic Steering/Hot Foot and Trim on Steer)
    Minn-Kota Ultrex 80 w/I-Pilot Link
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon Bow/Console with Structure Scan 3D (Thru Hull, Structure Scan xdcr, HDI on TM) and Point-1,
    Blue Water LED boat lighting