Power pole micro issues

I run a pp micro on my kayak with the lithium wireless battery. I have found that if I bottom out the pole on the head unit that the pole gets stuck in the down position. I then have to remove the battery and reinstall which fixes the problem. I am starting to hear rumblings that this is somewhat common with the lithium batteries but doesn’t happen when hooked to a regular 12v battery. Anybody get a path forward on how to fix the issue besides no longer using a $200 lithium battery that is almost new.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

2. Member
    My cousin had this issue also on his kayak. I'd have to paddle over, take the battery off and reinstall it for him, or else he was stuck lol. No issues with mine. I've had other issues with my micro drive though, had to send it in for warranty. Also had the tip pop off the spike before too. I hate having issues, but at least power pole has good service.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    I run a pp micro on my kayak with the lithium wireless battery. I have found that if I bottom out the pole on the head unit that the pole gets stuck in the down position. I then have to remove the battery and reinstall which fixes the problem. I am starting to hear rumblings that this is somewhat common with the lithium batteries but doesn’t happen when hooked to a regular 12v battery. Anybody get a path forward on how to fix the issue besides no longer using a $200 lithium battery that is almost new.
    This has to do with the latest firmware programming. Power Pole is working to fix it. It only happens when using the Lithium battery. There is a little bit of a "break in period" when using the battery and eventually this will go away.

4. Member
    Per pp, run the spike up and down 20 times to calibrate. It has already gone up and down 20+ times on the water. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    Per pp, run the spike up and down 20 times to calibrate. It has already gone up and down 20+ times on the water. Hopefully they come up with a fix soon.
    HAs it been 20 times total use or did you try 15-20 times in a row? I know it sounds strange and can be a pain but I would try 15-20 times in a row.

6. Member
    I put it up on a 10’ ladder today and did around 8 times with zero issues. Hopefully it is good to go. Will find out next week.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

7. Member
    I haven't had this issue with mine but ill make a mental note just in case
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator
    2000 Johnson 150hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 Si
    Humminbird Helix 5 sonar
    Bonifide SS127

8. BBC SPONSOR
    As Hydrilla Gear stated it is a software issue on very select Micro anchors using the battery pack. The problem will go away as the product wears in. We are currently working on a fix and will publish a software update once it is ready.

9. Member
    Had it out this weekend. Bottomed out a few times with zero issues. Believe all is good now. Thanks for the help.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs