Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have had three, 152yd 8 iron, 158yd 8 iron, 168yd 6 iron. Three different courses.

2. Member
    I've had two.

First was a 148yd. 8 iron that went in on the fly. In a tournament.....on the 17th hole of the course.....they had to reset the pin for play to continue.....golfers in three different foursomes witnessed the shot.....the drinks cart girl about ran out of beer on the 18th tee and the clubhouse veranda drinks for everyone that signed the scorecard cost me a bundle.

Second was a 135yd. 9 iron on my home course. To get my name on the plaque in the clubhouse I had to buy a keg for the next night of mens league.

So, I'm glad I hit them, but they both cost ME money.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I've had two.

First was a 148yd. 8 iron that went in on the fly. In a tournament.....on the 17th hole of the course.....they had to reset the pin for play to continue.....golfers in three different foursomes witnessed the shot.....the drinks cart girl about ran out of beer on the 18th tee and the clubhouse veranda drinks for everyone that signed the scorecard cost me a bundle.

Second was a 135yd. 9 iron on my home course. To get my name on the plaque in the clubhouse I had to buy a keg for the next night of mens league.

So, I'm glad I hit them, but they both cost ME money.
    Congrats on your HIO's.
    I never understood why the person who gets the hole in one buys drinks for anyone around. Think it's pretty stupid. If I ever get a HIO () I'd only buy drinks for the guys in my group. Why buy for people who I have no idea who the hell they are?
    Now I have been (and currently) in HIO pools in leagues where if and when one happens the money goes towards drinks/keg for guys in the league. That I can see.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    3 on three different courses. 125 yds, 148 yds and 192 yds.

5. Member
    3, I am 56 and one of them was this summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12