Trailer lighting issue

I’m hoping someone can chime in as this has been an issues for the past couple weeks. I’m having issues getting my passenger trailer light operate accordingly. When I hit a bump/dip passenger tail light will flicker or turn completely off. I messed with the mold connector and it seems that if I kind of wiggle it the turn or running light will turn on or off or not as bright so I cut off the mold connector and directly connected the taillight wiring to the main wire but now it doesn’t work period. Any advice on what my next step should be?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I’d get a new pigtail and make sure the ground connection is on bare metal.if that doesn’t get it, it may be the light itself. You can try swapping from the left side to see.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I’d get a new pigtail and make sure the ground connection is on bare metal.if that doesn’t get it, it may be the light itself. You can try swapping from the left side to see.
    Good advice. The lights are both run off the brown wire completely throughout the trailer.

Brown is juice. White is ground.
    I had a ground wire problem behind wheel well.
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

5. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    Found the issue!

2 wires were pinched on the trailer side near the connection to the truck. Spliced them and they’re working like they should. No more messing with the lights for 30mins trying to get them to work before hitting the road and no more issues with it hitting a bump and going off. I’m now very comfortable trailering the boat with all the proper safety lights working.