new z 20 purcsase ?

been around bass boats all my life. took some time off to raise a couple of kids. 25 years. tech stuff has really passed me by. looking to order a new nitro z 20 . ultrex with the hummingbird units. front and back.. I have seen posts on here about rigging. i thought most of that was factory other than...learn to type.....any in puts welcome

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    You can order your boat with the upgraded units or you can buy what you want significantly cheaper and put each thing exactly where you want it and how you want it. If you’re going through BPS they might hook you up with some upgrades if you buy from them and have them install...I’m thinking gift cards and stuff.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase and welcome to BBC!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Member
    If you want to install your electronics yourself, just tell the dealer to install NMEA, Ethernet and power to every place you want to put your electronics, bow, console and transom.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

4. Member
    Personally, I would go through a dealer instead of BPS. They'll rig the electronics how / what you want unless you are wanting flush mounted units. Otherwise, BPS is fine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Personally, I would go through a dealer instead of BPS. They'll rig the electronics how / what you want unless you are wanting flush mounted units. Otherwise, BPS is fine.
    i originaly thought i wanted flush mount ,both front and back. The boat comes with two large flat panels that look ideal for flush mounting, bow and consol. I like the idea of clean lines,everything out of the way......... But most boats i see here have units/screens extended at all angles, or mounted on top of the consol. not flush. im thinking helix 9 or 10 units. factory installed. is security the reason for the quick disconect mounts?

Flush mounts can get terrible sun glare, when you have them on a gibal mount you can change the angle. I have had many gimbal mounted units and never had an issue, I had two flush mounted hds on my nitro, and two ram mounted birds, the birds are flawless and both hds units would blind me/ can't see/ get excessive water spots... and now as I don't care for the hds, I have a whole cut for where it was vs a blank panel, so costs are up to make the boat look whole again
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    i originaly thought i wanted flush mount ,both front and back. The boat comes with two large flat panels that look ideal for flush mounting, bow and consol. I like the idea of clean lines,everything out of the way......... But most boats i see here have units/screens extended at all angles, or mounted on top of the consol. not flush. im thinking helix 9 or 10 units. factory installed. is security the reason for the quick disconect mounts?
    Security, easy to remove if u have problems. Better angles and adjust ability.

Talk to Randy at precision sonar.
    Last edited by BMCD; 09-11-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    I've got my Helix 10 on a Precision Sonar mount on the dash with E Locks. Loving the setup.