Anyone running a promax prop

Just came by one and ran it for the first time. I only ran it for one pass and it came out strong all the way till 70 mph then it tried to blowout. I was 1 inch above pad. The prop has a slight flare added. Just curious on how y’alls promax run and handle?

2. Member
    I have a stock 28P Merc lab finish with 8 pvs holes. With the 1.62 case it ran 87 keeping it off the limiter (approx 6300/6350) with a good hole shot and mid range. Good fishing prop with the 1.62's. I changed gear cases after Batesville to the 1.75's and ran the Promax, 77 mph keeping it off the limiter. Again a great hole shot and mid range. The slip no's are very high, not sure if I'm going to have it worked or just keep is as a fishing prop for the 1.62 gears. I ran my 28 Hvdro Q4XOB the next day, a short run with the 1.75's to 87 at 6100 and ran out of lake. The promax won't allow for as much engine height as it is a smaller dia which could account for the blow out. The lab prop is advertised at being 150/200 rpm higher than the non lab. The Promax drives and handles great but so to my Hydros.

3. Member
    I ran a 30 promax at batesville and until 83 it ran great. It drove good but at higher speeds the slip numbers went through the roof.

4. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I have a 30 and the slip numbers are less then 10%.. On my black stroker with 300xs it ran 99.6 at 6180rpms loaded to fish and two on board. Runs great and good hole shot. I was running it over 3" above the pad..

It has run 99.5 on the boat I have now with no tackle and only one in the boat. Very hot and humid.

I have one set (4) of PVS holes and one set (4) of 1" holes.

5. Member
    I ran several pitch sizes from a 26 up to a 30 with my 300X, ran them all into the high 90's, they all performed great.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

6. Member
    Just get rid of the flare. Great props, really tough .
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

7. Member
    I ran my lab 28p promax yesterday with the 1.75 gears, a 260# co-angler, 75 lbs ballast and a little extra fishing gear. I was expecting a good hole shot and was very surprised in the difference from solo. Mashed the gas, nose stood up, 5400 rpm and seemed to take forever to get on plane. I didn't stretch it out but the mid range was ok. The nose standing up is what surprised me the most as my other props don't have that characteristic.

8. Member
    On allisons and I believe most v pad boats, the pro finish seems to work better than the lab finish. They seem light on pitch to me but run really well. I didn’t gain much speed but handling has been improved by going to Matt lahti for work

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Just get rid of the flare. Great props, really tough .
    i removed the flare and now I’m going to go run my water logged boat. It’s just came a down pour