Thread: 899 hb mount

899 hb mount

wanting to mount my hb 899 on rh side of drivers console i now have a 859 and a 899 on a dek-it mount on the console it hard to see over
    any ideas would be appreciated i want to flush mount the 859 in the console

I have a 999 off the side with a ram 111D short arm (maybe 111U idk) it's the large ball 2.25" . I trimmed a little bit off the bottom of the mount that is on the console so it would sit flat, I also put a circular shaped non skid pad underneath that mount, I like the install, I don't have any pictures but it's as good as I will get. I can grab a few photos tomorrow if I remember

i am pretty sure the swing arm style will have less vibration or something but I do not know
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    thank you

Well some are not orientated correctly anymore, but I think you get the set up

I have a dual console cover and no second console, so I have plenty of room or just put the wrench on the wing nut and remove it all, also long rods fit just fine under the ball but need to be a tiny bit careful but I get 10'5 broom sticks under it and the tip eyelet is as big as the first eyelet on my bass bait casters

6. Member
    Now that is thinking outside the box and look's like an awesome setup. How did you anchor your bolts in if you don't mind me asking? Looks really sturdy and bet you don't get no arm sliding down either. Thanks for the info and what a great job.

Arm doesn't move unless I want it to, the ball is imprinted because I gave it the gusto with the the included wrench, the bolts are just drilled through, a fender washer then a thicker washer and locknuts. No issues

Also this set up is only about 1/4" over the rubrail, so when I'm in trees, tunnels or driving past mailboxes I have no fear, I should drill new holes and cut the ram mount some and pull the whole setup towards the wheel a inch to make it that much better, but I currently loose .2-.3 mph at side open with this hanging off the side, but I gain .7 by trading the fortrex for terrova so I should just buy an ally hahaha