Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Always keep a spare screw in plug in boat tool box. If you go to the remote plug keep spare O rings, lube the ring frequently/keep hole clean, and never trailer with the remote plug open to keep road crud from attaching to O ring.
    In our state thats a 90$ ticket to pull the boat with the plug still in.
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Having the drain plug in on the road is illegal up north like MN, in addition to an actual large fine then you have to complete an hours worth of online "aquatic nuisance training " before your legally aloud to trailer/ fish in MN. Just saying check your local laws and evaluate how you "may" spread ANS
    I don't know if it is illegal in Texas but it is the law that you have to drain and dry your boat every time you pull your boat out.

I always leave mine out so if it rains it doesn't hold water.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

3. Member
    I did this once then i went to west marine and bought a variety pack I think there were 3 different sizes in the pack and one did fit my ranger. They were red plastic with black rubber. I put it in a medicine bottle to keep it clean and put it in my boats glove box that way its in the boat. The medicine bottle is also easy to find in my glove box bc its bigger than the actual plug so its easy to find. Actually had to use it 2 times in the last 15 years.

I ordered two plugs from Ranger before the hurricane, $20 shipped. I installed one, and have a back-up in the boat in case this happens again. Took the boat out yesterday for the first time since getting an oil sensor beeping alarm, that sidelined the boat while I troubleshot the oil alarm system. I ended up replacing the module with a used one from my local boat store. Boat & Motor ran great yesterday. Strippers come in season in October, can’t wait to go fishing with my wife this fall. And I love the way my boat motor combo runs and performs, it’s a great boat made by Ranger.

5. Member
    Buy two and keep one inside a storage compartment so it doesn’t happen again.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Always keep a spare screw in plug in boat tool box. If you go to the remote plug keep spare O rings, lube the ring frequently/keep hole clean, and never trailer with the remote plug open to keep road crud from attaching to O ring.
    Most states up north here have laws requiring the plug to be out when trailering (MN and WI for sure) to avoid spread of Acquatic Invasive Species from one lake to the next, so no choice but to go down the road with it open. I’d be surprised if the southern states didn’t have the same. Regardless, it’s a good idea to not transport water from one body of water to the next...open your plugs!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12