Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1880 Reviews/Impressions

I am looking at an 1880 with a 115 Pro XS. I would like to ask for reviews/impressions from anybody that has one or has fished out of one. Specifically, what speed can be expected with the 115? Does the boat fish stable? How does the boat do in the wind? I am considering either a Ranger Z185 or the 1880, but leaning towards the 1880 and looking for early reviews. I appreciate any feedback.

2. Member
    There are some threads on here that have the info you are looking for. Just do some thread reading and you find it.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 09-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcrislip View Post
    I am looking at an 1880 with a 115 Pro XS. I would like to ask for reviews/impressions from anybody that has one or has fished out of one. Specifically, what speed can be expected with the 115? Does the boat fish stable? How does the boat do in the wind? I am considering either a Ranger Z185 or the 1880, but leaning towards the 1880 and looking for early reviews. I appreciate any feedback.
    I'm looking for that as well. Haven't been able to find much in the forums.
    I'm boatless..
    SOLD: 2016 Ranger RT188 / Mercury 115 ProXS 4S

4. Member
    FWIW I have a Z185 now and its for sale. Just ordered a 2080. I would expect speeds in the low 50's with the 115. I had the privilege of driving a 2080 labor day weekend and was blown away by the boat. It is just like having a glass boat but without the price. I cant speak personally about the 1880 but the 1980 and 2080 are outstanding boats and you will not be disappointed in a vexus
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

5. Member
    I believe I read some reports on FB about the 1880’s running right at 50mph with the Mercury 115 ProXS

6. Member
    I picked mine up from dealer yesterday. 1880 with the 135. I haven't got it to the water yet but my dealer ran it on high Rock lake Sunday, (mind you it's not the same motor) 54.9 out of it for him. Drove it home last night and hoping to be on water this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I picked mine up from dealer yesterday. 1880 with the 135. I haven't got it to the water yet but my dealer ran it on high Rock lake Sunday, (mind you it's not the same motor) 54.9 out of it for him. Drove it home last night and hoping to be on water this weekend.
    Have you had yours in the water yet? Curious on Performance #'s with a 135?

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

8. Member
    Na work kept me out last weekend, but she will be on the water Saturday. Prob gonna hit shearron Harris res in nc

awesome...would love to hear numbers once you have them.

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Na work kept me out last weekend, but she will be on the water Saturday. Prob gonna hit shearron Harris res in nc
    Did you get out last weekend? Curious as to how she performed?

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcrislip View Post
    I test drove an 1880 with a 115 ProXS CT 4S. The handling and maneuverability was very good. Hydraulic steering felt awesome. I stopped and dropped the trolling motor (this boat had an Ultrex .. nice!) and walked around on the front deck - side to side. The boat was very stable. We drove across some boat wake and the boat felt very solid; no usual aluminum hull slap as the boat took the waves. When running at WOT, I was surprised at the bow lift, and how you could feel the boat sitting up on the pad. We had a light load, two guys (probably 375 - 400 lbs between us), and a half tank of gas, and hit 49.5 GPS. This boat didn't have a jack plate, and the prop was a 21p (I believe it was a Laser II). The boat unloaded and then loaded back up without any issues. Very nice boat for sure!

I should also add that the hole shot was very good as well!
    Last edited by JigAWorm; 11-22-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    I'm boatless..
    SOLD: 2016 Ranger RT188 / Mercury 115 ProXS 4S

12. Member
    You can feel the boat accelerate when you trim it up and the nose comes up so it’s running on the pad. That’s when it glides thru the water. It feels very stable when running up on the pad.

13. Member
    Sorry, I thought I had replied following inital outing. So I took it out a few weeks ago to Sharron Harris near Raleigh, pretty windy day but the ride was awesome considering the chop. I never ran it at full out but I hit 47 easily and was around 42-4300 RPMs. Still had a little throttle left and didn't play with trim at all then. No doubt I'll see the 54.9 my dealer saw when he ran it. I was a little skiddish and wanted to get comfortable with it so I ran around most of the time trying to get a feel for it. Been in kayaks the last 15 years. Anyway the hole shot to get on plane is insane. By far the fastest I have experienced in any of the bass boats I've been in(all alluminum or older fiberglass) About the length of the boat and it's go time. I've had it in the river since and it's scary fast in that setting even at forty. Hoping to get back on lake in the next couple weeks, once I do I'll get some videos and pics for on here and a couple other Facebook folks that want to know specifically about this motor and boat combo. Hopefully I can provide some insight for those that are wondering.

14. Banned
    JMJ, When are you going to hit Harris again, I'd like to see the boat in person ... havn't seen one yet.

15. Member
    Hopefully within a couple weeks. I'm down on the coast in Holly ridge, so I have to time my trips up depending on wife's work schedule. I let you know ahead and you can come ride around in it if you want

16. Member
    Hopefully within a couple weeks. I'm down on the coast in Holly ridge, so I have to time my trips up depending on wife's work schedule. I let you know ahead and you can come ride around in it if you want
    Oh that will plant a smile on his face and put a slight dent in his wallet!!!! Lol

17. Member
    any new updates or thoughts?

Two of our employees who are both big fishermen, one that owns a Ranger RT188 and the other a Ranger z521 took a new 1980 and fished a tournament this past weekend, both raved about the performance and were very surprised at how impressive it was for an aluminum boat.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatwarehouse View Post
    Two of our employees who are both big fishermen, one that owns a Ranger RT188 and the other a Ranger z521 took a new 1980 and fished a tournament this past weekend, both raved about the performance and were very surprised at how impressive it was for an aluminum boat.
    this is pretty the exact sentiments of almost everyone that rides or fishes in one. The boat rides and fishes like a FG boat.

20. Member
    Hey, I haven't made it back to Sharron Harris, but got it on buckhorn about two weeks ago. Me and my two boys 7 and 10. We had a blast and it was their first trip out. Still riding like a dream. Little more than half a tank plus live well and then all our gear and we hit 55.4 on the GPS. Had a bit of trim left so prob would have got a little more but backed out because it was freezing the kiddos with the temps. More than fast enough for what I need/want. Jumps out of the hole like a bullet though, still can't believe how quick it's on plane. The helix's are awesome though I'm still figuring them out. Can't wait for the weather to turn back warm so I can get the little ones back out on the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast