USA 2002 triton tr-175

hey guys need some input,im looking at a tr 175 2002, with a 90 hp mercury on it boat is in great shape runs good, the guys was asking 5,000.00 and i got him down to 4500.00 is this a good price and is the 90 a decent motor,and how fast should it run he told me around 45 - 48 does this sound right because i wont get a chance to test ride the boat,he is an older guy and selling because g5 grand kids and all want to fish, what do you think pull the trigger or not?

2. Member
    Need a bit more info. Motor hours, maintenance, etc. Remember, 75% of value is in the motor. What is max hp gor that boat, and how well was it taken care of. Get a compression check, and log of motor activity.

3. Member
    well i did not see the test but he said a new impeller was done with service last spring and the compreesion was done and was 110 on all cylinders,the boat is rated for a 115 max,he said with the 90 and him ,his gear and son {young} boy he can do berween 45 to 48 mph

4. Member
    Sounds like a fair price. You may in time want to max out the hp but that can wait. I would have a mechanic of your choice go over the motor and the maintenance. If you like what he says go for it. If the boat is clean, and the glass is in good shape and the motor checks out you may have just found a great deal.

5. Member
    Trolling motor and electronics are another key point of value in a boat. Will you be satisfied with them or are you going to have to drop a few G’s to upgrade.
    2013 Triton 21HP
    2016 Evinrude G2 300

6. Member
    I have a 2005 tr175 with a 90 hp merc. I have never seen over 44.5 mph gps speed. I consistently run right around 42-43 mph. It's a great smaller glass boat and a much better rig than going with an aluminum boat. Like others have said down the road I plan to upgrade the motor to max hp.