Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Why do you prefer the 520C over the L? Just curious.
    just like the set up better...cockpit and gauges are placed better..C boat is faster. must have 10in jackplate on L and you better have a gauge bc you can't turn around and see what the setting is on...im not real tall. 5.9". still take the L if you gave it to me tho.. but going back to C.if have choice.....if they keep in production.

Quote Originally Posted by coach76 View Post
    I have Ranger Reata 1850 2012 with Yamaha 150 4 stroke on Ranger Aluminum trailer. Before that I own a Ranger Reata 1850 2005. I feel the 2012 Ranger was a better boat than the 05. I wonder if a Ranger 2018 or 2019 would match the quality of my 2012. The reason I ask is that I like to own one more Ranger in my lifetime but afraid of getting an inferior quality boat. I know my Ranger dealer is ordering most of his boats with Mercury engines rather than Evinrude or Yamaha. Appreciate any input on quality of Ranger regardless of model. I did have one negative on my boat and that is all the rivets on most of the lids need to be replaced. Interested in pros and cons on newer Rangers.
    My brother was just at Cabelas looking at boats and they looked at the aluminum RT188 because he likes mine and they told him that if you buy a Ranger from them that it will have a Mercury on it. I knew it wouldn't be long before the shift started to happen when Johnny took over both these companies. You will probably have to look at an independent dealer or build one to get one that doesn't have a Mercury.

3. Member
    From replies here fron Ranger Bass boat owners, it seems like the Angler 1880ms has had more problems. I will take my time and do more reading and touching base with owners to see if its wise for me to buy new Angler. Thanks again to all of you for your input.

4. Member
    Ive had 5 Rangers in my life. Went thru the wild man age and ran Allisons from 1977 to 1995. Ive ran and tested Rangers for long times. Had 1995 490, bought a 2000 522, Bought a 2013 Z522. My 2000 522 is still be used by a fishing guide. It has one soft Livewell lid and original carpet. Its looking rough but but I picked it up in August of 2019. 20 years and three Motors. still fishing heavy. My 2013 does not get used that much. Had a little trouble with hinge rivets but Ranger helped me with that. All three boats were good. The only thing that hurt them was use and age.

5. Banned
    My 18 and my 07 are the two best I’ve had

07 Z21 and 16 Z521c...both had small issues from factory, fixed myself. Two great boats..love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by ARK Ranger View Post
    Ive had 5 Rangers in my life. Went thru the wild man age and ran Allisons from 1977 to 1995. Ive ran and tested Rangers for long times. Had 1995 490, bought a 2000 522, Bought a 2013 Z522. My 2000 522 is still be used by a fishing guide. It has one soft Livewell lid and original carpet. Its looking rough but but I picked it up in August of 2019. 20 years and three Motors. still fishing heavy. My 2013 does not get used that much. Had a little trouble with hinge rivets but Ranger helped me with that. All three boats were good. The only thing that hurt them was use and age.
    I bought a new 2019 angler 1880ms in July and as far as I’m concerned it is pretty much perfect. 200hp v8 mercury is awesome also

8. Member
    I had 2002 and now a 2017. The new boat is better fit and finishing both inside and out. This new boat is outstanding in every way.
    I don’t like the way the new trailer pulls. I think they have the tongue weight wrong as the front bounces.

9. Member
    I picked up a 2005 Z22 last winter with 51 original hours...……………………………...she is a beauty . Had a 2009 Z522 and it was a great boat too. I prefer the 2005 because of holeshot and ride. Can not tell any difference in build quality …………..

10. Member
    I had a mid 80’s it had one problem that I had to fix myself because the local dealer wouldn’t fix. I didn’t buy it there. Ranger sent me the parts. My mid 90’s was pitiful! They paid for all the repairs...LOTS of them! My 2017 has been flawless except for a trim issue with the Mercury motor. That’s not on Ranger.

If anything, I’m experiencing better build quality than in the past.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
    I bought a new 2019 angler 1880ms in July and as far as I’m concerned it is pretty much perfect. 200hp v8 mercury is awesome also
    Ty for the positive input, what colors did you go with?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I had a mid 80’s it had one problem that I had to fix myself because the local dealer wouldn’t fix. I didn’t buy it there. Ranger sent me the parts. My mid 90’s was pitiful! They paid for all the repairs...LOTS of them! My 2017 has been flawless except for a trim issue with the Mercury motor. That’s not on Ranger.

If anything, I’m experiencing better build quality than in the past.
    I appreciate your comments about better built ad quality now than in the past. All these positive comments, have me thinking, maybe one more Ranger in my lifetime. I like the Angler, wife like the Reata. In the Angler I like the trolling batteries location and the higher rod locker. I know on both models the jumps seats are much better. I like using the port side one on my boat for my Plano containers. The Reata also has few nice features over the Angler. I will probably go with a stock boat, but will still consider one built for me.

13. Banned
    I have had several Ranger all have been flawless. My 2014 Z119C is a great boat.

14. Ken Braun
    I sell products to ranger to help keep and improve there quality. There still using all the best components and material now as they did before JM. They are always looking to improve. As far as people leaving, there are a few, no different than any other co. There are plenty of good people at Ranger to continue on. If you think you cannot be replaced in a multimillion dollar co you need to wake up. Ranger is still going strong.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Braun View Post
    I sell products to ranger to help keep and improve there quality. There still using all the best components and material now as they did before JM. They are always looking to improve. As far as people leaving, there are a few, no different than any other co. There are plenty of good people at Ranger to continue on. If you think you cannot be replaced in a multimillion dollar co you need to wake up. Ranger is still going strong.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Braun View Post
    That's great news....thanks for the post
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12