Questions on ECM Flash

I know there are warranty and insurance with a Re-flash and HP increase of a motor, but how should we feel about hanging a 300HP plus motor on a boat that was originally designed and rated for a 200-225HP motor. Should we worry or is there enough fat in the design where it is not a issue. Obviously dead weight on the transom doesn't change but how about other forces with 50% plus more HP. On the other hand never really worried about it when you hot rod a car but you do tend to break more stuff.
    Other question is what data is is on the ECM that is deleted or changed with the re-flash. Does it understate hours on motor when either buying or selling?

Mike

2. Member
    Depends on what boat you are talking about. When I went through the transom on mine, I braced it like I was going to hang 300+ HP on it. Any of the cars I built up also had the supporting mods to go with the HP increase. Would I hang more HP on a junk transom or hull, absolutely not. Common sense dictates a lot but it can't fix stupid. But, stupid will fix it self sooner or later! Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    You will need to reinforce the transom expessially if you have a cookie cutter boat. Triton , ranger, skeeter etc..,,,

4. Member
    I don’t think you will need to worry about a modern day built transom . We use to hang 200 and 225 on 17 and 18 ft 1980s boats all the time . Never had to do transom modification . Today’s transom on most top brands are lite years betters than the 1980s transoms

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley21SS View Post
    You will need to reinforce the transom expessially if you have a cookie cutter boat. Triton , ranger, skeeter etc..,,,
    Not true. We have run over 300 hp on all the models that you have listed and more!!

Quote Originally Posted by snook560 View Post
    I know there are warranty and insurance with a Re-flash and HP increase of a motor, but how should we feel about hanging a 300HP plus motor on a boat that was originally designed and rated for a 200-225HP motor. Should we worry or is there enough fat in the design where it is not a issue. Obviously dead weight on the transom doesn't change but how about other forces with 50% plus more HP. On the other hand never really worried about it when you hot rod a car but you do tend to break more stuff.
    Other question is what data is is on the ECM that is deleted or changed with the re-flash. Does it understate hours on motor when either buying or selling?

Mike
    Nothing is erased when the flash is installed the hours stay the same. No worries on the transom!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Worthy View Post
    Not true. We have run over 300 hp on all the models that you have listed and more!!
    I wouldn’t recommend 300 hp on a ranger 518c that’s rated for 200hp or a Triton 18TRX that’s rated for a 200. Maybe a 19’ Boat .

1 agree on a 20’ plus boat 300hp no problem at all.

When will the Nitrous kit be available ?