RT188 Sonar Mounts

Planning on upgrading electronics in the offseason, maybe grab some new units on sale if I get a chance. I'll probably end up with Helix 9s or 10s....one on the dash and one on the bow. Has anyone used mounts from Precision Sonar, DekIt, or something similar for their RT188s?
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019
    Mercury 250 Pro XS Fourstroke

2. Member
    Check out the Crestliner vt18 thread on the tin boat forum, there is a picture of a mount you may be interested in.

3. Member
    I dont have a RT188 but I did use the precision sonar on my deck, it is rock solid and an easy install. All hardware included and the instructions were good too.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Planning on upgrading electronics in the offseason, maybe grab some new units on sale if I get a chance. I'll probably end up with Helix 9s or 10s....one on the dash and one on the bow. Has anyone used mounts from Precision Sonar, DekIt, or something similar for their RT188s?
    I mounted Helix 9 Mega's at the bow and console of my 198 and went with Bass Boat Technologies. I did look at DekIt and Percision Sonar, both great products...but in the end, decided on BBT. Van is an awesome guy to deal with and the support is awesome. They are rock solid and the fitment was great. Hope this helps, as I'm sure you won't be disappointed with any of the ones you mentioned.
    2018 Ranger RT198P
    Mercury 150 4-Stroke

5. Member
    I used a DekIt mount on the dash of my Triton TX18. I've had an HDS9 on it for 1 1/2 years now and it's worked great. It cost about $80.00. I have a Precision Sonar mount at the bow and it's a quality mount too.

I had a 2 inch high Precision Sonar bow mount but it blocked out the tool holder in the pedal tray. At the time, 2 inch was all that was available so BTO made this 4 inch for me. If I had it to do over, I would make it 6 inches high.

Attached Images Attached Images

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    I have the taller one from Precision Sonar on mine and while it does give me access to the tool holder I still can't use the cup holder. It would be nice to be able to put my coffee cup in it when crappie fishing in the winter. If I had it to do over I think I'd probably put a Ram swing arm mount at the bow.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I have the taller one from Precision Sonar on mine and while it does give me access to the tool holder I still can't use the cup holder. It would be nice to be able to put my coffee cup in it when crappie fishing in the winter. If I had it to do over I think I'd probably put a Ram swing arm mount at the bow.
    I made some spacer blocks out of some scrap starboard i had laying around. Raised the mount about 2" and i'm able to slide a yeti style cup in there.

9. Member
    Bass Boat Technologies makes a really nice mount. Its very sturdy and has a nice clean look.

2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

10. Member
    Great info here, thanks everyone!
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

11. Member
    I have a Garmin 93sv on a dekit that worked out just fine on my RT188.

12. Member
    I mounted my Helix 10 on my bow with a 4" Bass Boat Technologies mount.

I have a Balzout 12" mount to add another Helix 10 to the console later.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

13. Member
    Did any you have to make an adjustment to the steering wheel for the console mounts? I've seen that some require a steering wheel kit.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

I had the dek-it single and the dek-it side by side on mine at different times and they both worked great. The base fits perfectly between the gas and trim gauge.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Did any you have to make an adjustment to the steering wheel for the console mounts? I've seen that some require a steering wheel kit.
    My boat is a Triton that has a different console but I didn't need to do anything to the steering wheel when I used a DekIt mount. It does seem the Precision Sonar mount sits farther out from the dash. The DekIt mount is basically a shelf that the original gimbal mount attaches to so the unit would sit closer to the console.

16. Member
    It looks like Pipercub has a spacer on his.

17. Member
    Which deck it mount are you guys using on the console for the Ranger rt. The 0 degree or 22 degree and 4 inch tall or 4.5. Thanks

18. Banned
    Hey guys, just I have a Vt18 and replaced the factory dash with Diamond plate and mounted the Garmin gimble to it. It is rock solid and cost like $20 bucks. I think the issue that everyone runs into isn't the mount, but what to mount the mount to....

19. Member
    Fishon is correct. I did have to add a spacer.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    Which deck it mount are you guys using on the console for the Ranger rt. The 0 degree or 22 degree and 4 inch tall or 4.5. Thanks
    Neither, the dek-it "dash mount" is the one for the console.