inline spinner on a swimjig?

Interesting concept, hang a small willow off the hook instead of a Keitech or other plastic trailer. Like a spinnerbait, but I think the smaller inline profile might be more appealing to spotted bass than a safety pin style bait. Simple concept, can't believe I had not though to rig it up. Anyone tried this? Do you think it promotes short strikes?

2. Member
    yes and yes. Defiantly not a new idea. I remember trying it back in the early 90s like everyone else around here. We all thought we had the new secret weapon, till we used it.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 09-07-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Hmmm, yeah that was my concern. It looks good, proper baitfish profile and puts the flash and action where it belongs. But if they hit at the flash it will be a problem. The old Snagless Sally with the flash ahead of the skirt worked pretty well.

4. Member
    Have done that for a few years.. Use it mostly in the fall when the bass are really keyed in on the shad.. We keep the blade to a size 3 willow on a white or baitfish colored skirt and hookups haven't been much of a problem.. Really good if your fishing around grass..