Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a Fluorescent Braid or Fluorocarbon

I mostly fish at night with a black light and like the ability to see my line glow in the black lights. I have been using Stren mono and p line mono for a while but I sure do miss the sensitivity that fluorocarbon gives. I have tried the Stren fluorocarbon that is fluorescent but it is junk imo.

Anyone had good success with a braid or fluorocarbon that is fluorescent?

Thanks

You can see yellow braid in a black light, I use it on my spinning reels and tie on a flouro leader

3. Member
    K9 fishing has hi vis green flour carbon or sunline flippin Fluor witch is flo.green every 18 inches sunline is expensive 29 bucks for 200yds.K9 is 20 bucks for 550yds. I fish 20 lb. in the sunline I just got a spool of k9 to try I’ll let you know how it is.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

4. Member
    Have been using diawa j-braid x4 braided line in fluorescent yellow this season and have been pleased with it . Tackle warehouse carries it and it is reasonably priced @10.99 for 150 yard spool.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdboy View Post
    You can see yellow braid in a black light, I use it on my spinning reels and tie on a flouro leader
    Thanks! Do let me know how the fluorocarbon shows up under blacklight!

6. Member
    Spiderwire glo-Vis will glo but the smaller diameter is weak . Sun line flipping FC has is the best fluorocarbon .
    2010 Xpress X21TS. 250 proXS
    2015 1860 grizzly. 40 Merc 4s

7. Member
    The spiderwire glo-vis wasn't a very good line in my opinion. We switched to the fluorescent Stren braid and it'll definitely surprise you as how smooth and easy to see it actually is. It's been really good for us the past two years in the rock and deep timber at night.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    The spiderwire glo-vis wasn't a very good line in my opinion. We switched to the fluorescent Stren braid and it'll definitely surprise you as how smooth and easy to see it actually is. It's been really good for us the past two years in the rock and deep timber at night.
    Cool, didn't know it existed. Gonna try some!

Spike-it has a braided line marker that they call UV-Glow. I'm anxious to try it out! Tackle Warehouse has it for pre-order with Oct 13th as the date it's available.

10. Member
    You won't be disappointed. I'm a die hard power pro fan but my dad tried this stuff and I was impressed enough to buy some of my own. For night fishing with braid, I don't think you can beat it!!

11. Member
    I've been using 30# Berkley Fireline in flame green. Glows great! it's a little stiff at first, but softens up after use.

12. Member
    How does the fire line compare diameter wise to mono lines?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    How does the fire line compare diameter wise to mono lines?
    Les, it's about like the ratio of most braided line. 30# is the same diameter of 12# mono.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    Les, it's about like the ratio of most braided line. 30# is the same diameter of 12# mono.
    Does that mean rock will break it like 12Lb. mono ? lol I'm wondering about it or braid to be able to feel extremely light bites on jigs & plastics like a lot of the fish are doing especially smallmouth right now?

15. Member
    I use Berkley fire line flame green. It is a little stiff but works.
    I tryed the stren braid clear/blue fluorescent 30lbs test. Tryed is a little strong i put it on three rods
    first hook set broke it off, my thinking i tied a bad knot re tie make a few more cast set the hook
    line breaks. I grab the line and give it a little tug it breaks at the spool.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstick View Post
    I use Berkley fire line flame green. It is a little stiff but works.
    I tryed the stren braid clear/blue fluorescent 30lbs test. Tryed is a little strong i put it on three rods
    first hook set broke it off, my thinking i tied a bad knot re tie make a few more cast set the hook
    line breaks. I grab the line and give it a little tug it breaks at the spool.
    That was exactly my experience with the Stren fluorescent braid. NO issues since going to the Fireline.

17. Member
    That's odd..... There are four of us, and none of us are small guys nor are we light handed on hooksets, who have been using the stren braid for two years and I've only ever broken once on the hookset and it was my fault for not checking the line after I was snagged a few casts before. Not saying you are wrong, or that stren is the best, or anything like that. Just strange that we haven't had similar issues.... Are you guys using a Palomar knot, straight braid, or leader??

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by East TN.Hunt-n-Fish View Post
    That's odd..... There are four of us, and none of us are small guys nor are we light handed on hooksets, who have been using the stren braid for two years and I've only ever broken once on the hookset and it was my fault for not checking the line after I was snagged a few casts before. Not saying you are wrong, or that stren is the best, or anything like that. Just strange that we haven't had similar issues.... Are you guys using a Palomar knot, straight braid, or leader??
    I'm glad you guys are having better luck than me. I always use straight braid with palomar knot when fishing at night.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

19. Member
    I just ordered a 300 yard spool of 65 lb. flourescent yellow diawa j braid x4. Hopefully according to the reviews it's pretty good line & shows up decent in the blacklight. Finally going to try the braid/ flourocarbon leader deal after all this time. Wanting something sensitive to try to feel the extremely light smallmouth bites we're getting a lot of at night right now.

20. Member
    Sunline flippin finally let me down . I was fishing a tx last night and broke off 20lb sunline on a hookset on a bladed jig not once but two times The k9 20 lb. fluorocarbon was great no line issues. Smallmouth in 2ft.of water is a disaster waiting to happen.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast