Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TE 863 View Post
    Sunline flippin finally let me down . I was fishing a tx last night and broke off 20lb sunline on a hookset on a bladed jig not once but two times The k9 20 lb. fluorocarbon was great no line issues. Smallmouth in 2ft.of water is a disaster waiting to happen.
    This is surprising to me that the K9 has held up better than the Sunline for you. I bought a spool of the 12 lb K9 for my cranking rod and I've really not been very happy with it at all. Doesn't seem to handle and better than any other despite what everyone says, and I've had more than one breakoff inside the reel with it. Now I'm sure that was due to a backlash or something at some point, but I've not had Sniper break off inside my reel despite having been through more backlashes than the relatively fresh spool of K9 was when it broke.

Have you noticed their higher lb tests being better than the lower ones from K9? I broke off my first ever fish on the hookset while flipping 25 lb Sniper as a leader on 50 lb braid the other day. Well, first ever one that didn't snap easily and leave the telltale pike fray at the end, at least. I'm fairly certain I had nicked it somehow though as it seemed to have broke right above where the sinker had been pegged.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    This is surprising to me that the K9 has held up better than the Sunline for you. I bought a spool of the 12 lb K9 for my cranking rod and I've really not been very happy with it at all. Doesn't seem to handle and better than any other despite what everyone says, and I've had more than one breakoff inside the reel with it. Now I'm sure that was due to a backlash or something at some point, but I've not had Sniper break off inside my reel despite having been through more backlashes than the relatively fresh spool of K9 was when it broke.

Have you noticed their higher lb tests being better than the lower ones from K9? I broke off my first ever fish on the hookset while flipping 25 lb Sniper as a leader on 50 lb braid the other day. Well, first ever one that didn't snap easily and leave the telltale pike fray at the end, at least. I'm fairly certain I had nicked it somehow though as it seemed to have broke right above where the sinker had been pegged.
    There higher test lines are definetly better so far but I cut about 2 ft off the sunline and retied and put 3 keepers in the boat sunline is my go to line but higher test k9 is not bad so far.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

3. Member
    Fished the k9 fluorocarbon last night on spinnerbaits and bladed jigs Imho it’s ok casts good but not as sensitive as my sunline flippin is but it works ok
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12