Z9 livewell lights

So I’m planning to install some lights in my livewells. But my question is if the Z9 was the flagship bass boat with all the bells and whistles, why isn’t this standard? I mean every other compartment has lights why not the wells? Seems like a no brainer for a bass boat at this level. Don’t get me wrong I really like my boat. She’s gorgeous and I treat her well. Platform is a great performer but geez it would be so useful. Was it an option then or is it now on the Z21? Mine is a 2013 but I know of a very nice 15 that isn’t lighted as well. Pardon me if I’ve missed something.
    Anyone have some install suggestions or pictures to help me do this right he “first time”..
    Thanks fellas

2013 Z9 250 Pro XS 1B936712
    <'/////>< Tie one on... The knots for life.

lots of us dont cull at dark, not relevant to us
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Probably not much of a market for it is probably why they don't do it. If this were a standard option, then the standard price would go up and I don't want to pay for that personally.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

sorry neither of us had helpfull installation tips

My summer tourneys end at 2130. It would be helpful. Definately more helpful than the lame button switch console light that I’d rather not have paid for. Personally when spending 45-50k on a new rig that’s 15-20k less than a comparable boat with similar features...I’m not too worried about another $150.00. Shouldn’t be too hard to find led’s and install. Surely I can’t be the only one that’s considered this.

I'd suggest a blue water kit, compartment lights, deck lights and a pair of submersible livewell lights, add a dimmer switch. If you were closer I'd hand you my livewell lights I did not use ps I think this whole kit was 89$ plus a dimmer highly recommend

7. Member
    I bought a 2013 Z-9 this spring. It has a bluewater kit on it that has the livewell lights. It is handy even during the day when it's overcast.

Typically I pump out most of the water first then grab fish. But in the dark it’s still tricky. I may post something when finished.
    Thanks for the input.

9. Member
    I drilled above waterline for some thru bolt leds in my z21, no glare issues may need a little silicone. Most popular chose is submersible led strip

Yeah I found these. I’ll probably get a couple, hook ‘em up prior to full installation and see how they do. Dimmer switch is a great idea...so that’ll happen as well. Thinking about mounting them deep enough to be fully submerged.

Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah I found these. I’ll probably get a couple, hook ‘em up prior to full installation and see how they do. Dimmer switch is a great idea...so that’ll happen as well. Thinking about mounting them deep enough to be fully submerged.