Overdue Thanks to Marks Props

Mark went above and beyond in helping me work out the right prop for my new Mercury 115 Pro XS. Couldn't have done it without him. If you need Prop work done, Marks Propellers is the guy to deal with! Thanks Mark
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    What did you end of going with and how is the performance?

3. Member
    2 stroke, or 4 stroke???

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4 Stroke with a Laser II 20" pitch prop.

As for performance, it's like a whole different boat. Max speed with the old engine, fully loaded with gear and a 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel was 46 to 47 (on a good day) mph. Now, not that its a big increase, 50 to 51.5 mph but the performance is different. Way up on it's pad, bow lifted right up. Hole shot 4 seconds and the boat "handles" differently. Better and like a quick sports car compared to a good strong pick-up. Don't know how to explain it better than that.

Though it probably doesn't need it, I was and am still considering a jack plate, a smaller one due to space limitations in my garage, but I think there will be even more performance with one than with out.
    Last edited by OBT; 09-09-2018 at 07:44 PM.

5. Member
    What hull?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    Mercury 115 Pro XS 4 Stroke with a Laser II 20" pitch prop.

As for performance, it's like a whole different boat. Max speed with the old engine, fully loaded with gear and a 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel was 46 to 47 (on a good day) mph. Now, not that its a big increase, 50 to 51.5 mph but the performance is different. Way up on it's pad, bow lifted right up. Hole shot 4 seconds and the boat "handles" differently. Better and like a quick sports car compared to a good strong pick-up. Don't know how to explain it better than that.

Though it probably doesn't need it, I was and am still considering a jack plate, a smaller one due to space limitations in my garage, but I think there will be even more performance with one than with out.

2008 Triton 18 Explorer.

7. Member
    4 mph is a good gain on a 115 and yes a worked prop can be night and day compared to a stock prop. It's difficult to explain it to someone. They just have to experience it.