Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Has anyone ran this boat?!

2. Member
    Yes. Got a new one a month ago. Finally getting it out and running it. Have about 3 or 4 hours on it now.

3. Member
    Seems to be a little harder to drive than my previous 919. Might be the motor height though as I have not messed with it. So far with gear and just myself I've seen 76. Haven't been in any rough water yet. Ask questions I will try to tell you my limited experience.

4. Member
    Do you have power poles?

5. Member
    Harder you mean walks more? What motor and prop you running?

6. Member
    No poles yet but plan on adding. Yes seems to walk a little more. Feels like motor might need to be raised. Running the new 4 stroke pro xs 225. With a 24 fury. Added my 250 pound buddy today and it didn't walk as much. Still ran 73.5 with both of us and quite a bit of tackle.

7. Member
    Thx for info! You like the layout any better than 919?

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Has anyone ran this boat?!
    I have drove two of them now, both with the Mercury 225 4 stroke . Its a sporty, and very nimble ride. Holeshot is outstanding with a 24 Fury, and the boat fishes great!

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    I have drove two of them now, both with the Mercury 225 4 stroke . Its a sporty, and very nimble ride. Holeshot is outstanding with a 24 Fury, and the boat fishes great!
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Where are these landing price wise?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by findley1202 View Post
    No poles yet but plan on adding. Yes seems to walk a little more. Feels like motor might need to be raised. Running the new 4 stroke pro xs 225. With a 24 fury. Added my 250 pound buddy today and it didn't walk as much. Still ran 73.5 with both of us and quite a bit of tackle.
    Im undecided on which layout I line better yet. I used both side rod boxes on my 919. So far im not a fan of the center rod storage on the 19 phx. Its not to hard to put 7 foot softer action rods in but doesn't seem great putting anything longer than that in especially heavy action.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    I just ordered a new 19PHX. I was in talks with one of the guys at Foothills but ended up going with a different dealer. I wasn't aware foothills has already received any. How do you compare the ride to a 919?

13. Member
    I dropped My fathers boat off to be serviced yesterday. The dealer had a 721 on the showroom, I was impressed with the build quality and aesthetics of the boat. I’m considering ordering a 919PHX from him. I’d like to hear more about the 919 performance if you guys have had more time behind the wheel.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    2018 Ranger Z518
    2019 Ranger RT198P, 150 Pro 4s, Dual Blades

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Beautiful boat. Like the front cup holder and center storage. Good point with the rods on the deck interfering with the day box/cooler.What is the actual length of the boat?
    Worst part of my Ranger is the cooler which is in the same position as the day box...terrible location, hated it since the day I got it!
    I am looking to upgrade to a 19' boat....Ranger is probably out of my price range at this point
    Boatless

15. Member
    Bump. Curious of those that have this boat how they're liking the layout and what top end speeds they're getting?

16. Member
    I have the 20PHX. I find the center front compartment a bit hard to use for rods. Rod length is limited and the fold out panels for the butts of the rods does not fit right and do not lock into position and want to close against the rods. Not comfortable rods will not be damaged in rough water. At best it functions for just 1 or 2 rods. Day box is not bad as only the tips of the rods are in the way but move away easily. You need to put stuff you don't use a lot in the front of the big center compartment because it is a reach to get to it. However, the box is soooo large you can keep most stuff toward the center and back within reach. Running the 24 Fury to about 6000 and 72.5 witha light load. There is more there but I have not dialed in yet as still in break-in. I have a spare new 24 Fury 4 but thinking of selling for a 23 Fury to try.

17. Member
    They should have put a smaller day box in the right hand corner above the rod box.

18. Member
    I have a 2020 19PHX. Put about 10hours on it. love the daybox, I use it to keep my bag of currently rigged plastics. Using the center front storage as day box is definitely too much IMO. The day box is much faster and accessible(just from grabbing a worm or so) . No rod storage for the 19PHX in the center front. Other then that... I just discovered that it has Shoot-Through transducer. Which is awesome for getting depth readings at higher speeds.

Not sure what else to say. Love the boat.

19. Member
    Got a 2019 19 PHX really been pleased with it, love the same latches, I took the rod tree out of my rod box and fit 20+ rods in my box with sleeves on them works just fine, as far as putting rods in the center I dont mess with it, I've taken the folding wings out and just use the sides for worm bags, day box has its use at times but not used every trip out, full fuel and tackle hitting 73.5 me and partner been very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Correct. Why would anyone refuse a GOOD rod locker along the starboard side??? Use the ice box for a day box if ya want some little box.
    Since you ask. I keep on my rods on port side. Rods on both sides of deck - Casting on port, spinning on starboard side. The Ice box, is a terrible substitute for a day box. The day box is my most used feature. Wont have a boat without it. If you had one, you would understand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast